Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2000 Ford F-350 DRW cant find aftermarket lockout hubs for the 4X4. Checked with about every hub company known to mankind, cant get any for drw because of the extensions required for the front wheels. I really dont want to go with factory hubs. They are stuck locked and i broke the plastic part trying to turn it. I do have esof 4X4 but a manual locking hub would suit me fine. Anyone have any ideas???

·
Hated by All
747 Posts
Get single wheel hubs from Warn for an '03.
You'll just have to reach your hand a little further in, a spacer is the only thing different on the duallys, but other than that your good......

·
Subject Matter Expert
4,458 Posts
No, you don't.

Cut the vacuum lines that go to the steering knuckles, leave enough to insert a small bolt in the hose. Then hose clamp the bolt in to prevent a leak. Then, remove the stock hub lockers, install the new ones. I have Warn Premiums on mine, part 38826. There is always a good deal on them from Ebay so it seems, where i got mine. The hubs work as normal, the knob on the dash only controls the transfercase actions, however it also applies vacuum to the hubs to lock them. If you got it capped off the solenoid won't know a difference.

Here are mine..

·
Registered
547 Posts
What does a set of OEM replacements cost anyways? Figure your OEMs lasted 7 years...... Thats gotta be worth something, and aside from when they finally freeze up, they dont break often, unless you do alot of pulling at the track..... Just my .02

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
No, you don't.

Cut the vacuum lines that go to the steering knuckles, leave enough to insert a small bolt in the hose. Then hose clamp the bolt in to prevent a leak. Then, remove the stock hub lockers, install the new ones. I have Warn Premiums on mine, part 38826. There is always a good deal on them from Ebay so it seems, where i got mine. The hubs work as normal, the knob on the dash only controls the transfercase actions, however it also applies vacuum to the hubs to lock them. If you got it capped off the solenoid won't know a difference.

Here are mine..

I like the rims....Waht are they ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts