Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for you guys to post up your new mpg (hand-calculated) with whatever size injector you are running?

I was reading on here that one company's (forgot which) 155's increased 3 mpg over stock?

Looking to buy some up very soon and want to find the fine line between power and mileage.

·
Registered
709 Posts
what size of injecters u running

·
Registered
771 Posts
you will see improved mileage with any mild injector upgrade. all depends how much you can keep your foot out of it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you will see improved mileage with any mild injector upgrade. all depends how much you can keep your foot out of it.
Anyone have any numbers? I'm not looking for huge power upgrade but thinking about doing just injectors if there is a decent mpg and power gain....thinking like 155's ?

·
Registered
771 Posts
155s are good, dont go bigger then 190 for a daily driver but if you run bigger injectors make sure you have a motor that can take it. studs custom tunes and an egr delete along eith the other basic mods are nessisary first. I had 190s, might go with 155s and a stock turbo next. with 155s you can run a modded vgt or 62/70 or stay with a stock turbo and have a solid dd that will still get up and go.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Already have Custom SCT tunes

Getting studs and EGR delete within the next few months. FIgured while it was apart might as well...gotta stay somewhat mild on injectors due to california smog tests now.

I've heard you can make 500hp with 155's and stock turbo? I think with SCT its 410hp? so 90 hp and 3mpg increase is good in my book.

·
Registered
4 Posts
if you go with the 155's you will need a fuel system. I'm doing the AD2 when I do my injectors so I won't be croosing my fingers hoping my stock pump will hold up. Plus it's always nice to know that your injectors are getting plenty of fuel

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
The stock pump can handle 155s, but I would have a fuel gauge to make sure. I would also upgrade the banjo bolts to remove that restriction.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I would definetly do a fuel system, or at least throw on a fuel pressure gauge with you stick injectors before putting in bigger ones.

With xtreme race I can drain my fuel pressure down into the 30's at WOT, stock tuning it still holds 55 all day and I only have stock injectors.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Elite, with their 8-hole nozzles vs. stock 6-hole.
Elite is not the only company that does 8 hole injectors. It also depends on how big the injector is, the bigger injectors go back to 6 hole injectors. Some of casserlys older injectors where (maybe still) 6 hole with what looked like 3 holes are bigger than the other 3...

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
with my set up listed in my signature, I am getting 19.2 with my tow tune, and have been told I should be close to 500 hp..... I have never dynoed it, but will when I get a place to do it.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Elite is not the only company that does 8 hole injectors. It also depends on how big the injector is, the bigger injectors go back to 6 hole injectors. Some of casserlys older injectors where (maybe still) 6 hole with what looked like 3 holes are bigger than the other 3...
Who else does 8-hole? I've heard others do, but nobody ever gives names. Elite has done 8-hole up to at least 225s, but they did FICM tuning to allow longer fuel pulse since the holes were still small and they needed more time to empty the injector. Allows for good idle and low throttle performance without much smoke, but still more fuel up top.

·
Registered
709 Posts
if you go with the 155's you will need a fuel system. I'm doing the AD2 when I do my injectors so I won't be croosing my fingers hoping my stock pump will hold up. Plus it's always nice to know that your injectors are getting plenty of fuel
I am running 155s with out a fuel system is this a bad idea and is there anyone that know about injector hold downs for 6.0

·
Registered
646 Posts
with my set up listed in my signature, I am getting 19.2 with my tow tune, and have been told I should be close to 500 hp..... I have never dynoed it, but will when I get a place to do it.
If your lucky your making 380-400 with that combo. No fricken way your even getting close to 500 not a chance man!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Idk they fuel rattle when I get after it off the line and I have rcd nozzles I believe Idk baught them used

·
Registered
709 Posts
It just sounds like the Injectors are throwing too much fuel at it but maybe that's normal for them Idk it runs damn good Probley just need a fuel system and it would helps

1 - 20 of 30 Posts