Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm using the hypermax headgaskets on a 6.0 that i'm building for a guy I know.I've had heads o-ringed before but this is the first time trying these gaskets.Just wondering if anybody else has used them before?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
From what Hypermax has written on them on their site they sound like they would be good to use. BUT with that said how do you calculate RWHP from BHP?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see what you mean.I'm guessing all of their testing was done out of the truck.But we got the gaskets in last week and i got to say they look like a real improvement from the junk factory design.We'll just have to see,this is the first 6.0 i've done with injectors bigger than 200cc's to.I gona be ticked if i have to tear it back down.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea,as of right now its getting studs,a recircultion kit,and bye bye egr system.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
you should be good to go. EGR system being gone is a BIG PLUS! But only if you are deleteing it entirely not just at the up pipe.

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
I used the gaskets that came with my O-RING kit from ATS..almost identical to the factory HG's but made for the rings of course.. I don't think there is any problem with the factory gaskets(for the record)

·
2Cruel
1,645 Posts
we have used a few sets of the hypermax head gaskets (the non grooveable style) Hypermax says not to use studs with em. They have held up pretty good so far with a set of stage 2 injectors and turbo

Travis

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The reason that i don't like the factory design is because I don't feel that the blue sealing surface is large enough. I have heard,and I will admit this is by hearsay that any minor imperfection in the head or block will not let the gaskets seal properly.As far as a stock truck is concerned i haven't ever seen a repeat failure.But I did have on that had tuning,injectors,and studs blow the headgaskets again after around 6,000 to 8,000 miles later.(Again this is just my personal opinion)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Did u check the heads and deck for warpage?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have seen alot of the heads that are poor machining from the factory. I have seen them so rough it was horrible and they were six thousanths out of flat. That will never let an MLS seal up. I own four sets of heads and they were all far from flat. I have one set that is so cracked out also, between all valves and to all glow olug holes.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I have seen alot of the heads that are poor machining from the factory. I have seen them so rough it was horrible and they were six thousanths out of flat. That will never let an MLS seal up. I own four sets of heads and they were all far from flat. I have one set that is so cracked out also, between all valves and to all glow olug holes.
Quit drinking those heads are flat!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea, checked them both times I had the heads off.They were ok

·
Registered
832 Posts
some one post pics of the stock hg's to the hypermax hg's

1 - 16 of 16 Posts