Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed APR head studs themselves? Do they drop through the heads or do the heads have to be pulled right out? Can I keep the factory gasket or do I have to go after market there too?(I've heard of those fire ring's, but that's alot of $$$! Especially with the core charge!)

·
Everybody poops <~ see?
615 Posts
Easy would depend on what equiptment you have at your disposal, like a hoist lift, for example.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
It can be easy, as Dennis said, if you have the right equipment.

The heads need to come off and you need to replace the gaskets and have the heads magnafluxed for cracks and checked for flatness.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've already had the head gasket done once and I only hope the last time I do it will be the upgrade. I have access to a machine shop, but I don't want to take off too much.(I don't know how, but my buddies should) What about the gasket?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Adam, could you jump over to my other thread about injectors? I guess you're the man to talk to.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Hey Fitterrob, Adams the MAN! any questions you got just ask that cat, he'll hook you right up! I wouldnt fire ring the heads though, Adam can tell you more about why not to.

·
Registered
695 Posts
It's not a weekend job. They where saying it takes 22Hrs in the DP magazine. I just did my motor, I put new HG's in and ARP studs + deleted EGR. Had the heads checked. It took about 16-18 hrs. I pulled the motor out the front, thought that was the best way to go with out using a lift.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts