Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey

my neighbor came over asking me for help, his truck, late 99 psd, goes threw brakes every 20K. last 6 months, he's towed his 5r From NH, to AZ, to FL, back to NH. think he said it was 16k miles or something, and his brakes are SHOT.

he was thinking of aftermarket and the only ones i could think of was this...

http://dieselmanor.com/brakes/art_ford.asp

because well, there in NH so it's only a short drive away to go pick them up, but hows the quality? life? effectiveness?

need thoughts guys!

-Rob

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
was thinking about discussing using the ebv to help with that, setting it up on a switch, but i know he's probably not going to want to put a hole lot of $ into the truck, it's the same exact truck as mine, but a short bed and 250K i believe, and it looks dam MINT! because he's really particular about maintenance.

need to take him for a drive in my truck... maybe that will help get him convinced at least with a tuner :evil

ill have to talk to him see if he wants to go that far out...

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I just ordered a set of EBC brakes front and rear for my truck, going to install them in the next few weeks. Everyone i've talked to says they are a HUGE difference over stock brakes, and even better than the typical powerslot disks and hawk pad combo that every one uses.

I ordered their 3GD sport disks, cross drill and slotted, and their "yellow" series pads.

They have various greats of pads, red, green, yellow series, the yellow series has the most stopping power. The combo was just over $700 shipped.

Purchased them here

Brake Discs, Pads Calipers - Auto Parts Warehouse

But EBC brakes can be found at any of the bigger automotive supply stores as well.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
If your towing heavy the best solution is a BD brake period.

We carry them and upgraded Brake kits.

Cary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts