Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some new front brakes for my 2000 F350. What does everyone recommend? My front rotors are warped so I'll probably just buy new ones as well as new pads (I have never had good luck with having rotors turned). Which is the best choice for someone who tows and plans on keeping the truck for a long time? Is it worth the price difference to go with a good set of expensive aftermarket brakes or should I cheap out and get the ones with a "life time warranty" from Autozone or any other local parts store chain.

·
Dieselized
526 Posts
Yes but I have know idea what kind of brakes I have on my truck but put it this way they have been on there for 2 1/2 years I have checked them just last month they are still good I even tow every day my rotors are still in good speks and the pads look almost brand new

they are stock rotors with great pads I can lock'em up at 60 mph put it that way

·
Dieselized
526 Posts
http://thebrakeman.com/home

this site looking at the graph with (Following data performed on 2001 Ford F350 Super Duty Paramedic unit, approx. 12,500 lbs.)at 40 mph in 57 ft vs 110 ft

and they say it will last 3 to 4 ttimes as longer than stockers

·
Just A Squirrel
644 Posts
I love my Cryo'd ART's front/rear with performance friction pads:ford:

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
I'm looking into the 17" rotor 12 piston caliper system from Boss Brakes. Waiting on an email from them now with more info.

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
my ssbc's work AWESOME. just ask anyone that has driven my truck. i can make any return road i want . they are worth every penny and they come with hawk pads.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Yes......but the BOSS ones look pimp :hehe:

I have heard from Denny that the SSBCs are good as well......he said he was able to stop on 40s much better with them.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I just got my cyro'd Power slots on Friday I am going to install them with Hawk rotors hopefully next week. They look really nice

I tow heavy also so I will give you report on how they perform

-
Andrew

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
alright, I'm seeing cryoed Powerslots or SSBC's for my application. The Boss's wont work cause of stock sized rims. What about pads?

·
DI POWER
1,278 Posts
Ive got EGR slotted rotors, SS brake lines, Blueprinted calibers with Performance Friction Z rated pads...bitch stops on a dime.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm running cryo'ed Powerslots and Hawk LTS pads. No difference from stock. This is with frequent towing, no exhaust brake and many long, steep mountain passes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts