Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,242 Posts
Not sure if you have bought your boots yet but if you have not I would deffintaly go with a pair of Riffraff Diesel performance boots. Tried Diesel site boots and they did not work well at all kepp on blowing them off at 35-40. People said to doubble clamp it still didn't work but Riffraff diesel boots worked first time with single clamps and even now 10 months later they have not gone any where and I have had them up tp 60 PSI and they have not gone any where. By far one of the best $100 I have spent on the truck and got them on the 7.3, 6.0, and 6.4 and love them. Here is a link for the 7.3 boots but shoot him a call or email him and he has the 6.4 boots. :rockon:

· Laces Out
13,511 Posts
Re: Off to Rudy's!!!

Not sure if you have bought your boots yet but if you have not I would deffintaly go with a pair of Riffraff Diesel performance boots. Tried Diesel site boots and they did not work well at all kepp on blowing them off at 35-40. People said to doubble clamp it still didn't work but Riffraff diesel boots worked first time with single clamps and even now 10 months later they have not gone any where and I have had them up tp 60 PSI and they have not gone any where. By far one of the best $100 I have spent on the truck and got them on the 7.3, 6.0, and 6.4 and love them. Here is a link for the 7.3 boots but shoot him a call or email him and he has the 6.4 boots. :rockon:
i edited your post.

first off, your post makes no sense, because stock boots hold 50+ psi with no issue on a 6.4.

2nd- the dieselsite hold 60psi NO PROBLEM in my truck, when the stockers were blowing into shreds.

p.s. what vehice were you making 60psi in?

· Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

i edited your post.

first off, your post makes no sense, because stock boots hold 50+ psi with no issue on a 6.4.
On the driver side lower boot stock I shredded 3 times so far and it happend towing and all three let go around 30-40
2nd- the dieselsite hold 60psi NO PROBLEM in my truck, when the stockers were blowing into shreds.
I tried the diesel site boots and could not keep the Drivers side lower boot on or the drivers side top on for the life of me. Tired hair spray and cleaning with simple green the boots and the tubes and also tried sanding the pipes for more grip but nothing would keep them on over 35 psi for me. Had a friend with a 7.3 that had the same problem and went to Riffraff boots problem solved and there is another 6.4 on here that could not keep the diesel site boots on.
p.s. what vehice were you making 60psi in? 6.4
If I may not trying to start somthing.

· Laces Out
13,511 Posts

If I may not trying to start somthing.
whatever dude.no 6.4's make 60psi towing.... unless you are towing on the 310 tune. dont start anything, but dont make posts in a totally unrelated thread that are a paragraph of pimping somebody's stuff. even if they were a site vendor, its a huge derail. the truck is at rudy's, and im sure they will guide him correctly. with a slight turn of my wastegate i can make 65psi ..and no blown dieselsite boots.

i would love to see your receipt from dieselsite for these boots you bought, because bob would be very interested to know his boots blow multiple times...if that is true it might help him make a better product, and you may have gotten a refund.

· <--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
This is no derail to anybody. but ive come pretty close to 60. i logged 58 psi on dirty diesel's boot and three stock boots. two are double clamped on the cold side and the others are stockers.

· Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

whatever dude.no 6.4's make 60psi towing.... unless you are towing on the 310 tune. dont start anything, but dont make posts in a totally unrelated thread that are a paragraph of pimping somebody's stuff. even if they were a site vendor, its a huge derail. the truck is at rudy's, and im sure they will guide him correctly. with a slight turn of my wastegate i can make 65psi ..and no blown dieselsite boots.

i would love to see your receipt from dieselsite for these boots you bought, because bob would be very interested to know his boots blow multiple times...if that is true it might help him make a better product, and you may have gotten a refund.
Was towing in the 275 tune for giggles. I just posted cause I saw he said he was going to try the diesel site boots and I know how had a blow/ shredded will ruin a day. I was not trying to "Pimp" some one boots just wanted to tell him my thoughts on boots. Are you doubble clamping them? You got me there didn't not buy them from him. I work at a delar ship and a customer came in with the diesel site boot on and wanted to put stock boots back on because he could not keep them on. Around the same time I shredded my third boot and was fed up and wanted to try it and it keep blowing off.

· Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fair enough, i want to see pics of these shredded dieselsite boots!!!
If you want to go back and re read I never shredded a diesel site boot just shredded the stock one just could not keep them on.

· Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is no derail to anybody. but ive come pretty close to 60. i logged 58 psi on dirty diesel's boot and three stock boots. two are double clamped on the cold side and the others are stockers.
If you don't mind me asking where is your dirty diesel boot located?

· Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well diesel site send 2 clamps for each side of the hot side boot... cant imagine how that boot could come off.
So you say you used 2 clamps per side.

· Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nm

· Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ban hammer in 3....2....1.....
What? Stating a fact? Like I said from the beginning I am not trying to start somthing I was just stating facts.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.