Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a spring kit through work and installed it a couple of weeks ago. Since then I have noticed a reduction in fuel mileage. Could this spring be creating too much pressure and that might be causing my issue?

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
I'm not sure about mileage but I bought some "bargain brand" spring on-line and put it in, I thought I better check my fuel pressure. It was 130+ PSI, pegged the gauge, so I went to the dealer and bought the OEM Ford kit. Then I rechecked fuel pressure and then I had 65-72 PSI.
So if I was you I'd check fuel pressure.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I was wondering. Thinking that the spring could be creating too much pressure and could be causing fuel to leak past the injectors or something like that. Since I have done this I have noticed a bit of blueish smoke on start up and even just a bit of black smoke when I rev it up. Almosts acts like when you flood a carb equipped vehicle. Goes away after a minute or so. Not a lot of experience with diesels but I know if our pressure regulator on the race car acts up it can cause all kinds of issues with our carb. Will be calling Ford this morning and getting a Ford one coming. Thanks again for all the info. I asked this same question on a group that I belong to on Facebook and got read the riot act for even asking a question like this lol!

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
You probably have some stiction going on also.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope I don't have stiction going on. Supposedly the dealership put 8 new injectors in this thing when the finally got it running, but yeah the little bit of smoke makes me wonder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts