Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i had to pull my turbo today because it was sticking took it to my buddy at ford took it apart and found that the unison ring was rusted and stuck he got the ring free with no damage cleaned it real well free of charge so im looking in to a after market turbo because im sure this will happen again so guys need help picking a turbo i still plan to tow with my truck and will be doing diffrent injetors later i have been looking in to MTW turbos and power max turbos as well just want to see what every body is running and where i should go with my build so any input would help

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
A Pmax with a billet single plane compressor wheel is hard to beat. It will be new and you don't need a core. There's other vendors out there that can rebuild yours if that's what you want.

http://www.barderturboservice.com/

·
Banned
328 Posts
ok guys i had to pull my turbo today because it was sticking took it to my buddy at ford took it apart and found that the unison ring was rusted and stuck he got the ring free with no damage cleaned it real well free of charge so im looking in to a after market turbo because im sure this will happen again so guys need help picking a turbo i still plan to tow with my truck and will be doing diffrent injetors later i have been looking in to MTW turbos and power max turbos as well just want to see what every body is running and where i should go with my build so any input would help
His stage 1 flows more and spools faster
Give adrian a call

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
91 Posts
A Pmax with any wheel is easy to beat, go to their website and order a Stage 1 or even Stage 2 and be done with it, that way if you ever plan to go larger you already have enough Turbo for 500 hp.

google mad turbo werks.

d

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so what I'm getting from you guys is that a power max is not worth the money just go with a MTW turbo stage 2-3 for a few $$$ more

·
Registered
128 Posts
I personally think the pmax with a billet wheel is a great option. It all depends on exactly what you are looking for. Each turbo will have its pluses and minuses

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
I personally think the pmax with a billet wheel is a great option. It all depends on exactly what you are looking for. Each turbo will have its pluses and minuses
:whs:
Just depends what you are planning.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I was reading on MWT average joe build he used his stock injectors and they were holding great anybody know if his injectors are still holding up???

·
Diesel
51 Posts
Go with a Barder turbo services stage 2. It's a brand new pmax machined to 64.7 with a billet wheel. The thing is a beast!

·
Swamp trash...
247 Posts
Hey I don't have any complaints about my Powermax with a billet wheel. It pushes my slag heap around nicely.

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
LOL....Well god spoke and MTW is not with us any longer.

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
OK...Adrian is a person MTW is a biz. Really do I need to explain this in greater detail.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts