Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Bandwagon Jumper
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my truck back from my shop after doing my full EGR delete and it seems like it is running lower boost and missing a few horses than before. Is this normal? They rechecked all the boots and clamps. The EGR is still in and plugged in, but the uppipe was changed and cooler deleted? No codes/lights. What else could cause this?

·
Bandwagon Jumper
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The connector is good and working. The shop even repaired part of the wiring harness going to it. Before the EGR delete, it would make upwards and sometimes over 20psi boost. Now i can hardly get it over 10 pounds when i put the skinny pedal down. My 03 did the same sorta, but i blamed it on not putting the new uppipe in. I am stumped on this new one though.

·
Registered
127 Posts
what brand Delete did you use? i just finished deleting my 06 and i used sinisters kit it was a pain in the [email protected]# but i think im getting higher boost then before!?

·
Bandwagon Jumper
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used custom diesels kit. It has the block off plate as well as the uppipe.. Is it common for the Turbos to gum up while performing deletes?

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
recheck y pipe connection at turbo...

·
Registered
34 Posts
20 PSI prior to the delete still seems a little on the low side to me. I am not tuned and will see 29 to 30 PSI at WOT.

·
matt
911 Posts
:whs:

·
Bandwagon Jumper
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't hit WOT very often; I baby the hell outta it. I know it definately is a dog after the EGR Delete. I also threw a Low Boost Code.

·
Gambled and Lost 6.oh
927 Posts
Babying the 6.0 can be bad for your turbo. That thing will carbon up. Wot once a day a ford diesel mechanic told me is good for it lol

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
Sounds like your turbo needs to be cleaned. To keep a 6.0 running good, drive it like you stole it. Babying it and your going need to do regular turbo cleanings.

·
Bandwagon Jumper
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It ran great prior to the EGR delete. Could unbolting and possibly turning upside down gunk it up?

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
IDK possible I guess, or maybe the shop dropped it on the floor. LOL

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
This is just a thought but your engine may be in limp mode IDK. Try disconnecting both batteries for a few minutes then reconnecting them and see if any codes pop up and if your still limited on boost. I was also thinking a problem with the turbo actuator but I would think you would not see boost at all, maybe some of the 6.0 brainiacs on the forum can Give some input.

·
Gambled and Lost 6.oh
927 Posts
If it was in limp mode you'd know it. It would shift like someone kicked you in the pants and lights flashing everywhere. My turbo sticks at times but I can still achieve 29psi at wot

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check the rubber vac hose going from the intake to the map sensor on the right side of the engine compartment. They crack a lot, especially after someone has been poking around.

·
Bandwagon Jumper
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got it going right again.. Did check the VAC hose and it was cracked, not sure if it fixed the problem but didnt hurt i am sure. Truck is running normal and have SCT tuned it since this post.
Thanks Guys!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts