Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
<--Blue Slut
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my front passenger tire blow on I10 doin about 80 last Thursday, lost it and slid into the guard rail and scratched the bottom of the truck all to hell. So I decided to just hide the scratches instead of gettin it repainted, brother had some of the Herculiner stuff (not the best, I know, but it was free and you can't see the scratches anymore) After about 2 1/2 hours of prep work, and 2 coats of that stuff, turned out pretty nice surprisingly, about the same feel as linex

bottom strip.jpg

bottomstrip2.jpg

·
Monty'sWhiteF250
203 Posts
Looks good! Thinking about doin the whole bottoms of mine and the fenders.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
<--Blue Slut
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I washed it real good, dried it with a towel, then took a real coarse sanding pad and scuffed it up from where I taped off down, then took a somewhat wet towel and got all the little shavings off, then went over with the scuff pad again, cleaned it off again, then rolled on the stuff. Did one coat on Saturday around 5pm, then parked it under the barn and did another coat Sunday mornin to make sure it was all covered and no blue was showing through, then parked it out in the sun all day and let it bake on there.

·
<--Blue Slut
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And post some pics of how yours looks when/if you do over the fenders, I thought about it, but decided to just do a strait line instead of doin the fenders as well, but I kinda wanna do em this summer if it looks good

·
Monty'sWhiteF250
203 Posts
Ok I'll get some before and afters. 1000 grit about right? Plus on my back fender I have a rust spot starting from when I took off the factory flares. It's only bad on the underneath side. But you can see a little under the paint on the outside.

·
<--Blue Slut
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah 1000 should be good, I think mine was even a little finer than that honestly. I hear ya on the rust, mine had a good little spot under the driver side rear quarter panel. Ohh and be sure to scuff the little lip under the doors, I almost forgot to do that part until I saw it stickin down

·
Monty'sWhiteF250
203 Posts
Where all the little holes are? My old nerf bars were mounted there at one time

·
<--Blue Slut
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah it's got the like 1/2" holes the whole way down. What kinda tape are you using to tape over the fenders?

·
<--Blue Slut
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was tryin to think of a tape that'd be easier to bend around the curve for when I do mine, like that pinstripe tape that's real flexible and doesn't crease, but lemme know how thatt blue tape works and I may just make that work when I do my fenders and bed

·
Monty'sWhiteF250
203 Posts
I also gotta take that ugly molding strip off of the rocker panels to. Give it a cleaner look.

·
Monty'sWhiteF250
203 Posts
Yeah I didn't even think of that stuff. Maybe someone will chime in with a better idea. Where can u get that stuff at?

·
<--Blue Slut
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeahh I pulled that crap off the day I got my truck. I'm pretty sure Chatozone or Napa would maybe have it, if not a paint/body shop sure would

·
Registered
668 Posts
I think the blue tape painters tape would bend fine on that bend. it flexes pretty good. but any auto paint and body store should carry the pinstripe tape.

·
<--Blue Slut
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I took a heat gun, heeated as I pulled it off, and for the residue stuff leftover i took an old credit card and scraped it off, then used goof-off on a rag and rubbed like hell to get it off.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts