Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people, I got my motor rebuilt in the stock 2001 7.3 turbo diesel. After inspection, I noticed the injector (AE, LL) that is supposed to go in cylinder#8 is in the #1 spot. Will this cause any major issues? Hmmm.

Thanks,

BG

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@jsc... Yes the injectors are stock

@Bobs 7.3, There is an AD injector in #8 and the AE LL injector is in #1 along with the black plug on the harness.

@...Houston, that is what I was thinking; I wonder how long this rebuild will last. I meant to supervise it :-(. Atleast the compression turned out good and it does not smoke like a train anymore.
...Houston, do you know of a good diesel mechanic in the Houston area?

FYI: I let somebody that has a 99 drive it and they said it drove fine! Minus the vibration at idle and the check engine light. (no code comes up at Autozone or the mechanic that rebuilt it (I don't trust that mechanic though)

Thanks for the speedy responses people.

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Id put the LL injector in number 8 and the ad injector in number 1 as where there supposed to be unless you have the oil crossover then you can replace the LL injector in number 8 with a regular ad injector as no need for a LL injector in number 8 with a crossover tube but you would still have to pull the valve cover and change number 1 to an AD injector. Ive also been told there is no difference between a LL injector and an AD injector internally but how well that holds is unknown.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I think to get rid of the LL, you want a regulated return. This way all the injectors have adequate fuel.

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
To get rid of the LL all you need is the fuel crossover that riff raff carries. It eliminates the dead end fuel system we have. Yes you can do a full regulated return but not needed unless your going for over 400hp.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, I assume I should flip the harnesses in the correct position as well? The black connector is on the #1 cylinder with the AE LL injector. When both should be on the other side of the block on #8.

Thanks to each one of you grown men.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I thought you were referring to the oil crossover tube. Sorry about that. I'm not familiar with the Rifraff fuel crossover. That was not an option when I was dealing with this issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@ghohouston yes I think the harness might be upside down; but, I know it is on the incorrect side of the engine. The black harness is on #1, it should be on #8.

@Clyde thanks anyways; at least it sounded like you knew what you were talking about.

@Bobs
3K total...for rebuild.
I was expecting 5K! (you get what you pay for...) no more train smoke though.. at least.
I started to just rebuild it myself. Soon I will go in and flip the injectors and harness.

I drove 1000 miles like this.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Yea but cheaper parts give cheaper results. He probably used cheap orings on the injectors which means you'll be replacing the orings again in 5000-7000 miles. Unless he used alliant power orings, you'll be replacing them shortly.

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
its not possible to switch the harnesses around, because they are the same for both sides, and like i said, i honestly dont see it being physically possible to install an uvch backwards or upside down

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.