Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TW vs. Tyrant Diesel. I've got TW now and am wanting to explore a little bit. Anybody Running Tyrants tunes on their 7.3? If so how are they and what your input on them. Im happy with my TW but just wanting to run some more tuning.

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts
I have always run DP Tunes but like you, I would like to try different tunes sometime, especially since I added 238's and a 38r. It's not all about power, I would like to feel diff. shifting strategies like Tyrant talks about on their website. I will be watching this thread.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Well you can skip canned ts tunes, dependuby on setting , and throttle my tranny either shifts semi stock.
Or ranges from u just got rearended by a honda, or my tranfer case fell out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tony's street tune is rather smokey for my liking. I have talked to Tyrant on email and they said they can build a clean race tune, or build a smokey race tune. What is the smoke like on the race tune, if you have that tune BT500 or groomzy?

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
I run matt, swamps, and cales just got emailed to me.

Really looking foward to logging some miles with all 3, so far matts have been in the truck the most.

Can't really say anything for trans tuning though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've been running DP for past couple years but recently switched to cales tunes at the same time I put in my injectors. Great tunes! Very clean, smooth and predictable power!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.