Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my last two powerstrokes sounded great with turbo back exhaust. Im looking for advice on a good system get rid of the hair dyer noise and a little more turbo whistle. Im assuming i have to get rid of my dpf . My question is whats is a good exhaust and tuner for the dpf. Im not looking for big power (though its sweet when it is there) cause i use the truck A LOT. i can change the exhaust myself not sure how hard it is t use the tuner. Any advice would be great

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
I'm not sure how guys are gettin rid of the hair dyer sound when I had stock downpipe and mbrp 4 inch duals with no dpf I still had the hair dryer noise. Even with my 5 inch to 7 inch stacks its still there a little bit but not near as noticable. The spartan is a good tuner. Really the only one I have had dpf delete experiance with. I had the edge and the super chip before they had dpf delete for them. But like you say with the spartan you don't need to use all the power but its nice to know its there.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
It's the compounds that cause the hair dryer noise. I know there was a thread a while back with some sound clips of guys trying different mufflers that did decrease it a little bit. With a dpf delete you're going to need a tuner to support running the dpf/doc off (spartan, h&s, SCT). The tuner's are pretty user friendly. Get it out of the box, mount it, plug it in, choose your tune, load it, and drive. Updating isn't bad either seeing how it's just a mere download and copy to the SD card. The spartan by far has the best variety of tunes available. I can't get enough power and really love the 310 tune, but the 210 is IMO the best DD tune with minimal smoke. Custom programming is the way to go.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
My exhaust setup has done pretty well at getting rid of the hairdryer sound. 4" downpipe into a 5" exhaust with a 5" flow through Magnaflow muffler. I've tried multiple different setups and this has been the best so far.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
My exhaust setup has done pretty well at getting rid of the hairdryer sound. 4" downpipe into a 5" exhaust with a 5" flow through Magnaflow muffler. I've tried multiple different setups and this has been the best so far.
sound clip? My flo pro muffler doesn't change the sound at all.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
I think a downpipe helps most with hair dryer noise. Then the other mods may help some. If it is really really irratating to you, you can always go to a single

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
not really a cheap alternative to solve a sound issue...
Hint: If it is Really Really irratating. Meaning, if it something you absolutely will not have

1 - 12 of 12 Posts