Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a stock 97 smoke with the aa injectors and i wanted to do the bb mod and throw in my ab injectors. any info on how much power gain and smoke will be produced

·
Nothin' but a peanut!
177 Posts
The FPR Shim doesn't make a really noticable difference.

And if you put in AB code injectors, they won't run to their full potential without a bigger high pressure oil pump

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I wouldn't worry about shimming the fuel pressure regulator. Put the AB's in and get a decent chip burnt for those injectors. No injectors run to their absolute max power potential without a better HPOP system but you should be within 10 or 20 hp with a stock OBS pump and AB injectors as long as the HPOP in your truck is decent.

The only way to know if the pump is decent would require putting the AB's in and checking ICP with a scanner. 2700 psi of ICP will get you 98% of the power potential. If you are pretty close to that or over I would suggest putting your money into larger injectors long before putting any money into a different/upgraded HPOP.

·
Terminator Nation
5,121 Posts
97 California trucks with split shot AB's came with the same 15* HPOP that the Federal trucks came with. I didn't switch to the SD 17* HPOP until I installed 160cc stage II split shots.

·
Registered
183 Posts
old man dave how do you like the split shot stage 2 injectors I got AD's in my 97 with the adrenaline hpop is it noticeable power gain and how much do they smoke?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts