Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tonka Truck
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I need some opinions and advice. I'm going to be painting my truck and I have a couple of possibilities. One wild and probably crazy idea is to have it painted a flat white. Has anybody seen a flat white paint job? Also I have heard people say that "flat" paint jobs whether it be black or white are harder to keep clean? Why is it any different than any other paint job? Don't you just have to wash your truck? I need help, advice, and opinions.

Thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
flat paint is porous, unlike a gloss paint that is smoothed off... the porous dynamic of the flat paint is what makes it look dull

·
Tonka Truck
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats kind of what I figured, but I'm not a painter so I wanted someone who knew to tell me! I guess a flat white would probably be an absolutely horrible way to go!

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
i think flat black and gloss red... give it an old school hotrod look would be B A.... theres a guy on here that did a write up on the flat back paint he did on his superduty... said he has to wash it once a week but when its clean it looks awesome

·
Tonka Truck
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gloss red was actually one of my choices. Thought about flat black but had honestly crossed that one off the list. I may have to add it back!

·
Tonka Truck
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was going to do the truck in flat white with flat black accents. I just think having a flat white truck may be to hard to clean. Especially when it's as large as mine.... 4 door and long bed.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
i think it would be 100% worth it though... and the black n white would look awesome too.. my 2 fav colors... kind of a high contrast guy myself

1 - 8 of 8 Posts