Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
<<< Power
3,456 Posts
I have some from last year when I was havin injector issues.

I should pull again in a week or two, let me get a new one.

·
dinnerbooter treasurer
3,567 Posts
I don't know why a sled pull would matter. If the pump keeps up to your injectors and holds icp normally then it should do fine when you are pulling a sled. My adrenaline will hold 2600 psi with my 285/200's in a 1/4 mile race if that helps you. I knew when I bought it that I was going to need a larger pump eventually but I needed something right away and I couldn't be happier with the way it is performing for a modified stock pump.

·
Registered
136 Posts
See mods in sig and it has no trouble holding pressure.

·
<<< Power
3,456 Posts
I was just curious how it held pressure after 15-20 sec of wot. I know mine started with good pressure but by the end of the pull i am down around 22-2300
Your adrenaline is doin that?

I have a sticky IPR (new one is in a box in the backseat) but I'm well over 3k before I'm out of first gear, and hold about 3100 through 2nd.

Might be a week or two before I pull again, but I can go nail it through 1st and 2nd gear if you wanna see that.

·
<---- my shop
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is lame:poke: I like to know if something is not right.
I believe mine is programmed out but i still wanna be able to hold the 28-2900 that my tuning calls for

I dont sled pull but mine does fine with 15-20 sec of WOT.:ford:
that sounds good doubt i would see much different pullin then

Your adrenaline is doin that? No stock HPOP

I have a sticky IPR (new one is in a box in the backseat) but I'm well over 3k before I'm out of first gear, and hold about 3100 through 2nd.

Might be a week or two before I pull again, but I can go nail it through 1st and 2nd gear if you wanna see that.
Thanks but i think that the info i got so far is good. I just had not heard anyone commenting on how there pressure was holding up after like 20-30 secs of WOT so didn't know if once the RPM got up if it was still able to maintain pressure or if it dropped off after that. A 0-60 run is way diff then 20 sec of wot.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
15 sec wot no load vs heavy load would be different I would guess.
But I would also guess egts will shut you down pretty quick in a more mild class.
Then again I don't pull sleds just trailors.

·
<<< Power
3,456 Posts
I'm only about 13-1400 (maybe, sometimes it's hard to remember to look) at the big end of the track with these little sticks.

·
dinnerbooter treasurer
3,567 Posts
15 sec wot no load vs heavy load would be different I would guess.
But I would also guess egts will shut you down pretty quick in a more mild class.
Then again I don't pull sleds just trailors.
You don't look at the EGT gauge when you are in competition. Trust me you don't want to know what it is doing most of the time. Here is a data log of one of my races from a few weeks ago.

Attachments

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
I can't imagine anywhere besides sled pulling where you would be holding full throttle for so long.

Someone mentioned holding their truck full throttle for 20 seconds on the street... well that must be one slow truck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
im thinking about 395/400% injectors, will an adrenaline be able to keep up with those or will it run out of oil? I know i will need more oil but money will be tight so im trying to save where i can, just want to know if it can handle normal driving.

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
There is absolutely no way that an Adrenaline can keep up w/ that.

IMO, the only thing that can, would be a Gen3.

·
Registered
37 Posts
thats what i was afraid of:shrug:go big or go home i guess, its more of a expensive pissing test then anything but it sure will be fun to drive:pullover:

·
<---- my shop
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I can't imagine anywhere besides sled pulling where you would be holding full throttle for so long.

Someone mentioned holding their truck full throttle for 20 seconds on the street... well that must be one slow truck.
that was one reason that i asked about sled pullin data logs...... plus i believe there is a big difference in the load on the engine and how it operates when pullin 30k+ sleds

1 - 20 of 34 Posts