Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much gain would I see on a truck with the following mods:

Banks: 1.0 exhaust housing, big head wastegate, compressor wheel, 3.5"downpipe and exhaust,

AFE: stage 2 air intake system

Air Intake Heater delete, Exhaust back pressure valve delete, superchips tuner, fuel pressure crossover, oil crossover

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wouldnt new tunes push me past 32lbs of boost? I am already hitting 32lbs on a stock turbo.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the reason I was wondering about the adrenaline or the stealth is because my current stock hpop is leaking in the rear.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Either the Adrenaline or the T500 will do the trick with anything up to stage 2's and some guys I believe are running hybrids with them without issue. As far as turbo goes, I would recommend stepping up to something like a D66 or H2E at the least.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
What year is your SD...filling out your sig helps get correct answers.

Gain............depends which HPOP you have, with hot tunes your 15-17* will not keep up with the demands of split shots HPO. So a better HPOP can help.

Keep the crossover helps #8 with its oiling needs.

·
OBS Stroker
1,004 Posts
Either the Adrenaline or the T500 will do the trick with anything up to stage 2's and some guys I believe are running hybrids with them without issue. As far as turbo goes, I would recommend stepping up to something like a D66 or H2E at the least.
Stage 2 or even stock split shots need more high pressure oil than a hybrid. A stock 15* pump can run a set of hybrids well. That's why hybrids are a good choice over a stage 2.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
x2 on what the Wiz said... split shots in an SD love oil so more, the better. If you're leaking, its a good move. The T500 has gotten good reviews on tuned split applications as well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK thanks for the info guys

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Late in the game but if you truck is not chipped then I would go that root first or add the adrenaline too that. The chip gives the biggest sop gain . A better hpop gives you a more constant pull and over all more peppy feeling on a hard long acceleration..where a weak pump letters out.

·
Registered
168 Posts
In my opinion I would do single shots. But if your upgrading your hpop it really doesn't matter wether you go with single splits or hybrids it all basicaly comes down to personal choice cause there people on here that run all three and all can make good power, I chose singles because they use less oil.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
no reason to ditch the oil crossover.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The adrenaline runs my hybrids great and I've never seen any kind of hpo pressure drop since I put it in 50k ago.

·
Registered
378 Posts
no reason to ditch the oil crossover.
Dieselsite used to recommend removing it when running a Adrenaline Pump.

I'm curious why you're not looking at the SRP1 ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts