Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well as the title says i will be in the garage all night. doing these two mods together will really make a difference. ill keep you posted as to how it goes and maybe take some pics. i have the IDM apart right now, it was easy as hell. we will see how the soldering goes. as for the adrenaline ill keep you posted as to how it goes and the seat of the pants difference i feel. wish me luck, i may need it.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the adrenaline is time consuming but easy if you have the right tools. and i dident have to bleed the air out of the rails b/c i pre filled the pump, kept the oil lines pointed up so no air got in, and refilled any lines that some oil came out of. after i refilled the fuel bowl once installed and buttoned it all up. to my extreme surprise it started right up, i mean like now! it took as long as a cold start (if your glow plugs work). no leaks, faster starts (way faster), smoother idle and more top end (noticeable). i have yet to do the IDM b/c i sat the module down on the resistor and it broke apart, F*^@$. so im using a friends 120v idm from a newer 7.3. i think the system will really shine once i put the stg 2s in it for sure. the 140v idm will be done tomm so ill keep you posted. and for everyone on here that has put up with all my questions....thank you! and if i can figure out how to put the pics on here i will. heres a tip, get some pigmat, the stuff that absorbs oil. worked great in the valley to soak up the 3/4 qt of oil that comes out when you pull the old pump. i did not pull the resivoir b/c i wanted to avoid all resealing and headaches that go along with it. all in all i see this as a very valuable mod and that has shown (within 40 mi of ragging on it) that the fuel consumption has already gone down some...for now

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
city driving is much easier as well. def less throttle usage.

·
Registered
236 Posts
if you want and theres not alot of pictures send them to my e-mail and ill post them. [email protected]

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
finished the 140v mod today, good improvement. great mod that only takes 10 min once the cover is off. paired with the adrenaline the truck runs better than new. well worth it.

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
finished the 140v mod today, good improvement. great mod that only takes 10 min once the cover is off. paired with the adrenaline the truck runs better than new. well worth it.
Your running stock sticks?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes stock for the rest of this mo then stg 2s and d66 w/ chip

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm putting the I/C on next week. I know that it's going to be labor intensive, but well worth it. That 6.0 I/C is huge and I know that there is cutting to get the tubes through the radiator area. I have a friend that kept the cut out stencils from banks so that should help make it a little easier, hopefully.

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
Awesome man. I am hoping to intercool my obs soon so hope it works out good for ya.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts