Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any other reason why I should invest in one? My truck has a shackle lift in the front, and I was told by Belle Tire a year ago that they could not bring my steering wheel straight because I do not have an adjustable trac-bar. Before investing in one, is there any other advantages to getting an adjustable trac-bar. My truck does appear to dog track down the road? I have watched my 99 go down the freeway in my 05 and did not see any dog tracking.

Also retarded question, but I have been surprised before. I need new ball joints now, and was thinking about going with Moog suspension again. Any other good brands out there. Moogs dead at 60K, but I know others would have failed sooner.

TIA!

·
Registered
545 Posts
they should be able to bring your steering wheel straight, but your front axel will still be off center from the truck without the drop track bar bracket

did you lube your ball joints with every oil change? that's what the nipple is for on the joints and it will prolong the life of them.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there any other reason why I should invest in one? My truck has a shackle lift in the front, and I was told by Belle Tire a year ago that they could not bring my steering wheel straight because I do not have an adjustable trac-bar. Before investing in one, is there any other advantages to getting an adjustable trac-bar? My truck does not appear to dog track down the road. I have watched my 99 go down the freeway in my 05 and did not see any dog tracking.

Also retarded question, but I have been surprised before. I need new ball joints now, and was thinking about going with Moog suspension again. Any other good brands out there. Moogs dead at 60K, but I know others would have failed sooner.

TIA!
they should be able to bring your steering wheel straight, but your front axel will still be off center from the truck without the drop track bar bracket

did you lube your ball joints with every oil change? that's what the nipple is for on the joints and it will prolong the life of them.
I always greased them when I was under the truck doing the oil changes. Seemed like something to do to me while the 4 gallons of oil was pouring out LOL. In the trucks defensive, they are 4 years old also, and my roads around here are not the smoothest.

I edited my first post in this quote because I can't change my original post, I meant the truck does not appear appear to dog track down the road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts