Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I FINALLY JUMPED!
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running them? I am looking into the ones from retro soltutions. I like the sound of them because i just think 55 watts is too bright to have all the time and my 35 watt ones now got me flashed as much as i did with the stock lights and fogs on. So anyone out their running them?

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
How are they adjustable? Can you do it in the cab? I have 55 watt ones in my headlight and I don't get flashed. You just gotta aim them right...

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I have the adjustable Retro-Solution HID's on both trucks, and I am extremely happy with them.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
How are they adjustable? Can you do it in the cab? I have 55 watt ones in my headlight and I don't get flashed. You just gotta aim them right...
The power output is adjustable via a small in-cab controller.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Gotcha... thanks. That is pretty sweet! How much can you adjust them... all the way down till they are dim? That would be nice for city traffic!
The controller allows five levels of light output, and there's a noticeable difference between the levels. They adjust from 25 watts to 55 watts.

The lowest setting is what I normally run around town. The highest setting really comes in handy when you need the extra light.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
The controller allows five levels of light output, and there's a noticeable difference between the levels. They adjust from 25 watts to 55 watts.

The lowest setting is what I normally run around town. The highest setting really comes in handy when you need the extra light.
Is that something that can be added to a normal 55 watt kit? that is pretty cool!

·
I FINALLY JUMPED!
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like they are the ticket for me. What does the controller look like? No problems with them? How long have you had them?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Sounds like they are the ticket for me. What does the controller look like? No problems with them? How long have you had them?
Here's the controller:

I put it in my glove compartment since I don't normally switch the power output on the fly. But, you can put it wherever you want.

I have four sets of HID's from Retro-Solutions. Two adjustable and two fixed output. I got my first set a couple of years ago.

The only issue I've had so far was a bad relay. Todd at Retro-Solutions was very cool about the issue, helped me diagnose the problem, and sent me a new relay free of charge.

·
I FINALLY JUMPED!
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you aim your lights down at all? I didnt with mine and didnt get flashed often. Out of curiosity what color did you go? I think im going to go 4300k, had 6k's just a bit too blue for me.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
I had 6k also and thought they were too blue. 5k is perfect.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Since I have approx seven inches of lift on my '03, I did aim them down slightly.

I went with 4300K on all of mine. I don't care for blue headlights.

·
Unregistered User
112 Posts
Is retro solutions a sponsor on this website? Are their discounts?

I'm tempted to replace my current HIDs with the adjustable bi-xenon H13's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts