Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did the SD spring swap and rsk on my 97, I have lots of bump steer. Does the track bar mounted on top of the axle really help and does anyone have pics of an adjustable trac bar installed? Other than the bump steer the truck rides like a Cadi-Lac :D

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
If you used a 3" RS kit and SD springs you must use a adj track bar. problem with all OBS trucks is the factory style track bar is to short and will always get you bump steer with good flexing springs like the SD's.

Only way to fix this is using a longer adj track bar and new mounts. We have one for the taller lifts but not for yours yet. You could easyly fab your own..PM me and I'll get you the info needed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
sky has them and they are very reasonable on price. i used thier fsr kit and rsf on my truck and it rides great.they give you a drop bracket for the front to get the bar to line up.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'm still waiting for a fix for the bump steer. I thought you were bringing one to market Cary?

·
Shortbus driver
223 Posts
I wonder if the trac-bar is even necessary with the RSK. Leaf-sprung trucks have came without them from the factory for years.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
I wonder if the trac-bar is even necessary with the RSK. Leaf-sprung trucks have came without them from the factory for years.
Well Ford has used a trackbar since way back in the 70's on solid axle front ends for a reason. If you decide to run your truck without one let us know so we know to stay off the roads in that area. Hit a good pot hole and let us know how it handles without a trackbar. My guess is that pot hole will elad you all the way to the scene of the accident. Just saying.:doh::poke:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you used a 3" RS kit and SD springs you must use a adj track bar. problem with all OBS trucks is the factory style track bar is to short and will always get you bump steer with good flexing springs like the SD's.

Only way to fix this is using a longer adj track bar and new mounts. We have one for the taller lifts but not for yours yet. You could easyly fab your own..PM me and I'll get you the info needed.
Does this take all of the bump steer away? Also so should it be adjustable even if i don't plan on going higher or can i make one with bushings at the correct angle on top of the axle and make it fixed? Also what size tubing 1'' or 1 1/2" DOM? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I'm still waiting for a fix for the bump steer. I thought you were bringing one to market Cary?
We have them for taller than the std RS V code swap..working on a lower version.

·
Registered
453 Posts
:rockwoot: Put me on the list. Thanks.

·
Shortbus driver
223 Posts
Well Ford has used a trackbar since way back in the 70's on solid axle front ends for a reason. If you decide to run your truck without one let us know so we know to stay off the roads in that area. Hit a good pot hole and let us know how it handles without a trackbar. My guess is that pot hole will elad you all the way to the scene of the accident. Just saying.:doh::poke:
F250sand 350s didn't have a trac bar all thru the 70's. Had numerous solid-axle chevies without a trac bar. Leaf-sprung Dodge never had a trac bar. You can bet the first thing I'll try when I do a RSK is ditch the trac bar and see how it goes. :poke:

·
Registered
11 Posts
F250 w/ solid axle conv. 4"lift springs and Sky's RSK ...I dont have a trac-bar and its scary as h*** when I hit potholes. One of these days I really need to get a trac-bar, Ford's design NEEDS it.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I tried not using one when I first did this mod 8-9 years ago..MUST use a track bar.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I havn't had a track bar on my truck since 98 when the new springs and RSK went on. The truck drives and rides great. Granted I only have a little over 300,000 on the truck so it's still a little early to tell if I need it. LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts