Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking for more ideas on mounted back up lights. Probably under the bumper and something slim.
I have the 7 watt 921 backup bulb in my 08 tails. But just want more, and probably something that can be turned on separately.
So what do ya got guys?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Here are mine, I have them on a switch so I can use them when I need them.

·
The Diesel Cartel
1,111 Posts
I would use a rigid industries Single Row Light. They make them in a bunch of different sizes and they are pretty slim. I have even seen them mounted between the tailgate and bumper.

PM Me for info.

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,342 Posts
these are 55W lights hooked though a 30A relay. they work in reverse or off of a switch...they light up like low beam head lights..there small so can be hidden out of reach of snow banks when plowing or parking..

Attachments

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
I saw on one of the forums a guy had cut the bulb sockets out of a pair of old OEM fog lights and then cut out the reverse light sockets in his tail lights then epoxy the fog light sockets into the tail lights. He had night time before and after pictures with his reverse lights on and MAN were those bright!!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,342 Posts

Attachments

·
I love you bigrpowr!
1,181 Posts
how did you wire them up to work like that?
The easy way to do is would be to use a SPDT switch or a DPDT switch. You would only need the DPDT switch if you wanted the switch to light up in both settings. In one position, the lights would come on when the truck was in reverse and the other position would be on manually when you wanted plus an off position for both settings.

·
Diesel junkie!!!
613 Posts
I like the idea of being able to use in both positions. Will the factory circuit support HID's? I was thinking of going with a set of auxiliary HID lights underneath, but not sure of what brand to go with.

·
Registered
926 Posts
ridged industries FTW! my cousin has 2 on his SD and them fukers are BRIGHT. if anyone is familiar with the streamlight flashlights with the C3 LEDs its very comparable to them.

·
Billy Big Rigger
288 Posts
A guy I work with took 2 6" oval truck-lite led reverse lights and mounted them in the rear bumper with the supplied grommets, put chrome covers over the grommets and you can't even see them from 20 feet away, they blend in with the chrome.

·
Registered
747 Posts
i mounted these 2x2 LEDs on mine, bright as heck PM me if u have questions

Attachments

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
a nice set of switch operated back up lights is real nice when that chump is on your arse with his brights on, so I've heard

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
i was waiting to pull at an event this summer and there was a guy infront of me who took 2 of something like these, Flush Mount, cut them flush into his bumper, and lit up the entire parkinglot when he was backing into a spot after he pulled. crazy bright. he needed em though as he had atleast 5% tint if not darker over factory tint.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I got in contact with lariat 7.3 and will be buying a set of his lights when I get the money for it. Looks well built in the pictures and the flush mount into the bumper.

·
Registered
701 Posts

I have one of these, I think I paid $35 on ebay. Love it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts