Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 7.3 psd. Added some under dash lighting today and was wanting them to come on with dome lights. I pulled out the headlight switch thinking there would be somewhere I could splice into. All I identified was the dimmer wire. When you roll the dimmer switch all the way up to where the dome lights come on, that is when I want them to come on. Any ideas on how to do it?? Thanks.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I put 12" led lights at/under my visors and just hooked them directly into my dome light, I couldn't figure out which wire to use behind the dimmer switch either, turned out awesome.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I tapped into the wire running to the dome lights that is on the drivers kick panel. That way the lights are also controlled when the doors open. Its a wire in the big bundle. (cant remember the color, maybe black w/ blue tracer?) Remember not to use scotch locks. Always solder if possible, or use butt connectors. I'm a little OCD when it comes to wiring and doing it "The Right Way"

You can from your tap, either run a wire over to the passenger side where you want your light, or tap into the wire from your door courtesy lights.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts