Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2005 fat-butt truck is an XL model. I got some power seats for it off of ebay. We're putting them in now, but I need to figure out how to wire 'em up. I assumed there'd be a plug already there under the mat to plug the seats into but there's not. The only plug is the one for the seatbelt. So what do I need to do to wire these suckers in? They sent me the plug ends with the seats so I'm assuming I just need to splice it in somewhere, but There's no wires running anywhere by the seats that match the thickness or colors of the ones on the plug.

Here's some pics of the plug:

·
Banned
924 Posts
wow that is weird, mine has the plugs on either side for both power and heated..... but mine is a XLT

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, mine is an XL. We got it figured out. Basically my stock plug is the same as the one that came with the seats. It's just missing the big green power wire for the seat so we ran one off the fuse box from the power seat tab. I'm surprised the wiring's not all there though. You'd think it would be there, just not used.

·
Not Winning.
1,397 Posts
Did you just do the driver's side? Or both front seats?

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got both front seats, but only driver's side one is power.

·
Registered
386 Posts
when i did mine i just wired mine to power. there was an open always hot terminal in the fuse block under the dash

·
Not Winning.
1,397 Posts
Are you not going to use the passenger side? Would it be able to be used on the driver's side?

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure what you mean. I'm replacing my XL bench seat with the 2 captain's chairs.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Are you not going to use the passenger side? Would it be able to be used on the driver's side?
I wouldnt think so, the controls would be on the inside next to the console.... and if it has arm rests..... well you know

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh gotcha, nevermind

There's a whole ton of 'em on Ebay right now though. I grabbed these to get rid of the uncomfortable XL bench and happened to see some factory black cloth seats on there. They look really nice in there. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts