Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend of mine said he's been adding a quart of 2cycle oil to full tank fuel when he fills up. Any comments or advice to this? He has 05 6.0 egr delete and exhaust NO programmer or tuner..

·
Good ol boy
1,223 Posts
Perfectly fine, I think the rule of thumb is one ounce per gallon. It's just added lubrication for fuel.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
ive been using the Walmart brand(Supertech) 2 cycle oil for years. Just gotta make sure whatever brand it is...that it's tcw-3 ashless. Ive also used some 2 cycle amsoil. It works great and will idle smoother and a tad quieter. Some have also experienced a little better mpg's.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I run a couple of quarts or trans fluid in every tank.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I still have egr in my truck how will that affect it? Will that clog got more?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I put 50k on my last one with a couple three quarts in every tank. Was still bone stock. Never had a problem one, the man who has it now still hasn't experienced a problem one

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't have cat converter any more if that what yr talking about...

·
Registered
107 Posts
I run the walmart supertech in both of my 6.0s with no problem

·
Registered
34 Posts
I haven't yet but a friend of mine runs Marvelous Mystery Oil in his rig since he got it. No problems the last 4 years. I think ill try it

·
Registered
91 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
I haven't yet but a friend of mine runs Marvelous Mystery Oil in his rig since he got it. No problems the last 4 years. I think ill try it
You can try that but it will run worse and cost more per mile.....

:poke:

Products 16 through 19 were found to cause the fuel/additive blend to perform worse than the baseline fuel.

D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Most of the magic oil products aren't much more than dye and light oil, save your money and buy the light oil directly. (2 stroke oil)

Today's diesel fuel is absolute garbage, and will shorten the life of your injectors. Undo what the EPA did by adding the oil back in.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I run two cycle and Trans fluid every other tank or so alternating with power service diesel kleen, the oils make my fuel gauge stick the diesel kleen fixes it that's why I change it up. My buddy is a dodge tech he uses 50/50 diesel and used tranny fluid the he filters twice never had any problems and cuts his fuel cost in half

·
Registered
24 Posts
That is interesting information, shows cheap 2 stroke oil to be pretty good. The test they did was only at 200:1 though, most recommendations I've heard is at least 1 ounce per gallon. (128:1) I wonder if that would show even better results?

That also proves what I thought about Diesel Kleen...I don't care what it is made out of, any product that you only add a little sip of fluid to a 30-40 gallon tank is not going to have much effect on anything.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Have you ever saw how clean the path a transmission leak leaves if it can clean a 1/2 inch of grime off the frame, it can def. clean the inside of an injector/combustion chamber and it lubricates the fuel 2quarts to a tank

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Two to three quarts 1-2 ounces per gallon you can't over do it.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Any brand it's all good just make sure you run a little diesel kleen every few tanks to keep the fuel level gauge clean I would put the cheap tranny fluid in it. Like I said before my buddy runs used tranny fluid in his and a lot more than two quarts and he hasn't had any issues it cleans the injectors and combustion chambers.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts