Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I know there are threads on this subject already but just wanted to ask a couple questions. The only two wire connection I can find coming out of the PDB are these two. The write up on how to add this said the wires would be black w/ a red tracer and brown w/ an orange tracer. These wire are purple with orange and black with green I don’t want to jump the wrong plug so am I looking at the correct wires?

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
Here is a picture of mine, it looks like you have the correct wires. Without giving mine a bath with a tooth brush the wire colors are hard to really see after 24 years.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome thank you Bugman I was pretty sure I had the correct wires I just wanted a second opinion before I looped a wire to it

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Since it's on your list, going to throw out there, that purple power is bad news around anything electrical. Very corrosive if it's not rinsed well. Better off with simple green or Gunk engine Brite, unless you feel like unplugging cleaning and greasing EVERY electrical connection EVERY year. Water intrusion is a problem on these trucks anyway, so why tempt fate? Once it's cleaned up, my advice is stay on top of it with a rag, only wash the engine bay when recovering from a leak or big mess, mud, whatever.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've been using PP for many years on all my vehicles (including mowers & golf cart), and around the house, without any hint of corrosion on anything. It hasn't affected any electrical connectors or exposed wire, either.

(phone app link)

I've even used it on my 7.3L with the engine running - no problems.

·
Project Shamu
2,786 Posts
I clean the engine bay with PP also, I dont let it sit for long though.

I did short out 2 batteries from the water though... now I remove them when I clean lol

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I can't stand the stuff. For reasons stated above. Plus it was hard on my hands. Rather than mixing a cocktail I just use gunk.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts