Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
crazed & deranged farmer
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I have a 97 crewcab, I love the truck but it only seats 5 people legally... This has proven to be a pita time and time again so I am going to turn the truck into a true 6-pack crew cab. I am keeping the nice comfortable aftermarket capitans chains, removing the arm rests, and putting a matching (closely matching) SD jump seat from a 99-02. I scored a set of 40/20/40's from a 95 obs crewcab for $30 but the seats were total trash broken riped and dirty. I first removed the seats from the sub-frame then cleaned the sub frame. As it turns out my aftermarket seats will bolt to the subframe with only 2 new holes drilled. The SD seats sits up too high currently, about 2-3 1/2" too high so I will need to cut the factory SD mounting tabs off and lower it to bolt to the sub-frame. Then I will have to remove the arm rests off my capitans chains and have the holes patched. I'm going to have the drivers seat bottom rebuilt as after 336K its a little worn out.

My old 10" sub and amp console will be removed and I will replace it with a 10" low-pro sub in a ported box behind the rear seat and mount the amp back there as well.

Now I need to figure out cup holders!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-06-FORD-SUPERDUTY-ADD-CENTER-CONSOLE-CUP-HOLDER-/290567908074?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item43a7326aea#ht_3660wt_1253

this is an option but I'm not sure I'm sold on it yet.. Ideas greatly appreciated !

Attachments

·
Not a Newb
33 Posts
What are you talking? Those seats I sold you were in great shape, you should have just thrown them in your truck as is.LOLLOL

Does that cupholder you are looking at attach to the seat in any way? If it just sits there it would probably flop off onto the floor at the first good bump in the road.

·
crazed & deranged farmer
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha hey how are ya? Merry christmas!

I think the seat folds down onto part of the cup holder holding it in place so it dosent fly into the dash!

·
Not a Newb
33 Posts
Merry Christmas. Doing good, had a great Christmas. How 'bout you?

What are you going to do with that thing when you have that sixth passenger you are putting that seat in there for? I guess if you don't use the middle seat all that often it wouldn't be bad but if you use it often, I think I would keep on looking.

·
crazed & deranged farmer
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a good day, worked on the shop a little.

If I end up using the 6th seat allot I think I'll try to mount a cup holder like the rear bench has in the middle off those 2 bolts only mount it to the sub frame. Most of the time its only me in the truck with at most 1 other person so I should be ok the other route.

·
crazed & deranged farmer
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
crazed & deranged farmer
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I talked to the local upholstery shop and for $175 they will remove the arm rests, plug/patch the hole, repair a tare in the passengers seat bottom, rebuild the foam on the drivers seat and patch a tare in it too!! I also dropped off the jump seat and sub-frame at the welding shop. Ive asked them to remove 3-4" out of the jump seat's mounting brackets so it can mount to the frame and sit at the proper height to serve as an arm rest for the driver and passenger too.

·
crazed & deranged farmer
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so update, I'm having the jump seat re-upholstered in either leather and vinyl or just vinyl to match the existing seats, I bough the glowshift add on cup holder and the welding shop is still working on the sub-frame for mounting the seats.

·
Not a Newb
33 Posts
You know, I could have welded up that sub-frame for you. And you probably could have paid me with that door panel. Just sayin'. :blah:

·
crazed & deranged farmer
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha its all good, the welding shop is owned by a fellow farmer down the road for me. I still have the door panels if you want them...

·
crazed & deranged farmer
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SO heres a sample of the vinyl that will cover the SD jump seat and patch the passengers seat. The odd colored panel on the drivers seat bottom is poor patch job the pervious owner did, its geting replaced with matching real leather.

they grey seats are the 40/20/40's that I got for the subframe.

Attachments

·
crazed & deranged farmer
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well all 3 seats have been repaired and the jump seat has been recovered with matching vinyl. I got the brackets back from the welding shop this evening and plan to assemble it all tomorrow! I hope to have it back in the truck thursday since I have to drive out to eastern oregon friday & saturday.

·
crazed & deranged farmer
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well aside from having to do a little trimming to the one bracket for the jump seat, it all went together well! Now I need to bolt the jump seat to the subframe and bolt everything back in the truck. I'm hoping to have it all in the truck by the end of the week.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts