Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
6.0PSD Excursion
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added aftermarket electric fans? Living in California I have times where I am in Stop and Go traffic and the A/C just cannot keep up with the massive amount of space in my Excursion even with rear air, so I have tossed around the idea to add a toggle switch powered fan to increase the airflow over my condenser. I am looking at 2500-3000CFM flow rates. Pressures have checked out and there are no leaks just a severe lack of airflow are my thoughts but would like to hear if anyone else has done this. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've heard people putting in the 7.3 fan said it moves more air and also blue wire mod. Their is a blue wire coming off fan clutch and you can hook that up to a switch and it will turn your current fan on

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I would check the shroud to make sure it's intact and sealing well against the radiator. But, I'm sure an electric would help to some degree....I'm just not sure how much. It's not a mode often done on these trucks. I'm guessing that's because they would need to flow a lot of air compared to the average electric fan.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took out the original 6.0 fan clutch and bought the adapter 60.00 from Bulletproof Diesel and added a 1997 7.3 mechanical clutch and my AC and Coolant temp are way down because of it, was a 18 delta and now a 6 was am getting ready to install a BPD water pump w/ billet impeller, as I think I have a cracked fin on the one now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts