Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added an air pump for suspension leveling bags to my 2006 6.0L. Connected the circuit via an "Add-a-Fuse" using an existing fuse position in the engine bay fuse box. The only problem is the Add-a-Fuse is taller than the other components in the box so now the fuse box cover won't completely snap into place and seal properly. Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful. Can I get a deeper fuse box cover? Are there other ways to add fused circuits that I'm not aware of? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Does the truck have up fitters? How big of fuse do you need to add?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No upfitter switches. Thats on my list to add would make life simpler. 1amp fuse which operates a relay, which is connected to battery power that operates pump, relay powered when key is on. I figured out that I only needed about a 1/4" of additional space to fit the Add-a-Fuse and get the fuse box cover to close tightly. I used a heat gun to warm up the cover and expanded the cover the needed space. So the cover is concave rather than flat. A little bit of junkyard engineering works well. Thanks for your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts