Hells coming with me
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will ad injectors work in my 1997 f350 with a stock 15* pump
thanks

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
they will work but they are splits and are oil hungry, most SD guys will upgrade to single shots due to the oil hungry splits and from what I hear get less mpg then the singles.

you will prolly have to have jody retune your chip.

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
Yes they will. Like countrybob said jody will have to retune for the splits. Also a 17 degree oil pump would help a lot. Dont have to hav eone though. Early 99s run a 15 degree to.

·
Registered
300 Posts
No need to retune....They'll run fine aside from setting a CEL for oil...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
mine run just fine on single tuning. would only set the CEL when i really got on it for a long time.

·
Hells coming with me
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did your mileage change joe
thanks

·
Hells coming with me
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh and would i need to upgrade my tranny or will a rebuilt stock e4od work

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
it didnt change much at all. it might put a hurting on the trany, but a TC and VB would be enought to run them.

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts
My brother went to AD's in his truck, he dropped from 18-19 down to the 15mpg range, threw CEL's like its going out of style (tuned for AD's even), now, with a Banks single file, he doesn't set the CEL as much, and it gave it a little more umph.

Starts like a freightrain and his fuel and oil hate him, but other than that its alright. After all I've dealt with regarding his truck, I would never recommend it. Some guys do alright with em, but at the end of the day its a ghetto way to not make that much more power.

We both wish we would have known that to start with.

·
Hells coming with me
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what kind of truck does your brother drive and is it an auto or stick
thanks

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts
95 250, Its a manual.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'd go with 1's from the get go too if I had it to do all over again...But if I had a known good running set of AD's and wanted some decent power gains without breaking the bank I'd throw em in... even a 17* pump won't make the CEl go away completely though...They are oil hungry SOB's

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts
word. we'll see what his modded 17 does if he ever gets the damn thing sent in.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts