Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an early 99 with a pmt2 & a php 6 pos chip tuned for it,came out of a 2001,would i gain anything by changing my ab's to ad injectors that the chip was tuned for? if so where can i find a set at a reasonable price? can my aa's be rebuilt to ad specs?

·
Registered
319 Posts
ad's are about 20 cc's bigger than what you have now. I guess that you have a set of aa's too. those can be modified to flow 160cc's + but they are single shots and they would need reburning as well

·
Registered
319 Posts
no the ad's are a split shot injector, the ab's are also a split shot injector. the ab flows ~120 cc's the ad flows ~140cc's of fuel. aa's are a completely different ball game. they are more easily modified for less money and require less oil flow than split shots. but in stock form flow ~90cc's

·
Registered
319 Posts
dfferent programming is required for split and single shot injectors but both can be run in any truck

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
Early 99s are ab I thought? Aas flow 90 Abs flow 120cc Ads flow 140 You would gain a little but your turbo will not like it.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
ad's are about 20 cc's bigger than what you have now. I guess that you have a set of aa's too. those can be modified to flow 160cc's + but they are single shots and they would need reburning as well
Why would you guess he has AA's? The 99s were all splits from the factory. Early and later ones.

I am running a set of AC's from Dzl Jim. Chip is burnt to work with them and it's a good combo.

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
For some unknown reason the AB injectors are just better.

When you start measuring old injectors it's common to find all of the AB's still in good shape and the AD's not.

Also, the AB's convert to hybrids easier. Why not convert those ABs to some hybrids w/ some small, say 80% over, nozzles? If you want to really not spend any money you can even just reuse your existing nozzles.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts

When you start measuring old injectors it's common to find all of the AB's still in good shape and the AD's not.

Also, the AB's convert to hybrids easier. Why not convert those ABs to some hybrids w/ some small, say 80% over, nozzles? If you want to really not spend any money you can even just reuse your existing nozzles.
Also the E99 turbo is far superior to the later turbos ime.

:whs:

I would hold on to those AB's...:D

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
More and more reasons to like the early '99's.

Course, about the only thing still early about mine is the fender badge.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i got the stock ab's & stock turbo,both are originals with over 310,000 miles on them,how many miles do you ususally get on these parts?was considering replacing them or going with a 17*hpop first,don't know what to do,any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
2,081 Posts

I don't really agree with any of this.

Dam near all the AB sets I work on have bad P&B's since they were not Tungsten coated like the AD's.
And the AD's have some other porting in them that would be beneficial to Hybrids (and just about any injector, really).
The AB would be 'easier' to convert to Hybrids only because you can use the Pistons, but I'd take the AD over AB any day.

And there's really no point in having a hybrid with a stock nozzle. At least as far as flow goes, they flow quite poorly with stock nozzles.

Just my $.02.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
heres a short read

Hybrid injectors are taking the 7.1mm plunger and barrel out of a BD code I530E injector and installing it into an A code injector with a 16mm intensifier piston. As you could imagine the down fall is that the injection ratio is dropped to approximatly 5:1 further decreasing injection pressure. However with the smaller intensifier piston it requires no more oil than an equivilant A code yet it flows the same amount of fuel as a B code. The result is much more fuel capacity without the need for more high pressure oil volume.

here is the link
Injector Info - Powerstroke Nation

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,347 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts