Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello PSN.
My question is. I have the 3 windshield post gauge cluster. Trans, turbo and egt.
Upgraded to the edge cts2 and the trans temp is registered/displayed through the PCM, in the edge.
I already have the probe in the mag Hi-Tech transmission pan. Is the temperature more accurate through the PCM or the probe?

·
Native Texan
8,986 Posts
Well the one 8n the pcm shows the temp up in the valve body the one in the pan shows the fluid temp of the oil in the pan. so they are both accurate just one takes a temp up high one down low. the filter pulls from the bottom of the pan and the fluid heats up as it is used. the higher one reads the temp of the fluid on top as it drains back to the pan. So I monitor both on my truck I also plan to monitor temps at the coolers I have. But I have driven over million miles so far and I just like to know what's going on everywhere on my truck.

"Y'all have a wonderful"
"My name is Bob the guy floating in the lake with no arms and no legs"
TSGT Bob W Martin USAF 1948-2014

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,043 Posts
The pan is going to show you the coolest temperature in the transmission. The temperature through the PCM is going to be a good average internal transmission temperature.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I added the CTS2 a couple months ago. I just received and installed a 500PSI transducer (an ebay piece) in the test port yesterday. I will monitor trans pressure with it.

I am using the trans temp from the PCM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts