Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing my compressor, drier and orifice tomorrow but can't find the oil capacity for a complete recharge. I'm thinking maybe 8 oz. thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Here you go.

Rotate the A/C compressor shaft six to eight revolutions while collecting oil in a clean measuring device.
If the amount of oil drained from the old A/C compressor is between 85-142 ml (3-5 ounces) , pour the same amount plus 30 ml (1 ounce) of clean PAG Refrigerant Compressor Oil (R-134a Systems) or equivalent into the new A/C compressor.
If the amount of oil that was removed from the old A/C compressor is greater than 142 ml (5 ounces) , pour the same amount drained of clean PAG Refrigerant Compressor Oil (R-134a Systems) or equivalent into the new A/C compressor.
If the amount of oil that was removed from the old A/C compressor is less than 85 ml (3 ounces) , pour 85 ml (3 ounces) of clean PAG Refrigerant Compressor Oil (R-134a Systems) or equivalent into the new A/C compressor.

For the suction accumulator/drier, drill two 1/2 inch holes in the suction accumulator/drier cylinder and drain the oil into a calibrated container.
Add a quantity of new oil to match that drained from the old suction accumulator/drier plus 60 ml (2 ounces) of clean PAG Refrigerant Compressor Oil (R-134a Systems) or equivalent.

·
Caption This
4,258 Posts
If I was flushing the system so there was no residual oil left in there, I'd put in 10 ounces of new oil. If I wasn't flushing it I would drain the oil from the items I removed and put that amount plus about 2 ounces back into the system. If the new compressor comes with oil in it, I'd also drain it. The OE oil is probably ISO 46 PAG.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts