Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ac in the 02 isnt blowing as cold is it should.. i got the line with the gauge on it from the parts store for the freon can and its reading that i have 42. Whats your thoughts?

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
if thats 42 psi then its probly low, with the pickup shut off and the can hooked up the pressure should coincide with the ambient air temp roughly, so if its 75 deg outside then the pressure should read somewhere between 65-75

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes psi, buts thats also after adding 3 cans of freon. :eek:

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
i would say you have an "epic leak" id get it to an a/c shop, not bashing on you at all but a/c systems arent somthin u wana fool with if u don't know what ur doing, u can do more damage than good

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the truck sat for quite a while befor i bought it this winter.. so its prolly got some sort of leak.

·
Caption This
4,258 Posts
42 at what RPM and fan speed?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
idle..

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
was the compressor cycling when the pressure was that low? and were u connected to pressure or suction side?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dont remember ill check that again, the low side.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
check it with ur a/c shut off for me and tell me what the static pressure is and ur ambient outside air temp

·
ARMY bound
6,990 Posts
Take it to a shop that know's what they are doing. You need gauges to read both sides, ambient temp, and vent temp to understand what's going on. You also should not be adding anything without knowing where you are at. Take the truck to a pro and get it diagnosed. A/C can really hurt you if you're not careful.

·
Caption This
4,258 Posts
Take it to a shop that know's what they are doing. You need gauges to read both sides, ambient temp, and vent temp to understand what's going on. You also should not be adding anything without knowing where you are at. Take the truck to a pro and get it diagnosed. A/C can really hurt you if you're not careful.
Good advice. I know a couple of pros that have been hurt.

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
I guess I've been lucky then.I didn't know it was that big of a deal.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
It is not the low side that is the problem. It is the high side that will continue to rise as you add refridgerant to the system. The pressures on the high side can get very high and if the high side safety switch is faulty you are headed straight for disaster. My father worked with appliances as his side job(professionally trained by the way) and he has seen and showed me on occasion(how I learned to work on a/c systems) what to and not to do, that was from a previous "pro's" work. People wondering why their compressors locked up and blown lines, exploded dryers, etc.. If you don't know what pressures are acceptable and what your particular system calls for take it to a shop for now and educate yourself in the meantime so that you could do it in the future.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
go no higher than 30 on the low side and 270 on the high side, 23 psi on the low side with the compressor running and at about 1500 rpms its bout what i set all the tractors at that i do at the dealership and i've never had any complaints on the a/c systems ive done

·
Caption This
4,258 Posts
It's a CCOT system. You can't have a specific pressure. The low side operates between about 20 and 45 psi depending on a variety of conditions.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
It's a CCOT system. You can't have a specific pressure. The low side operates between about 20 and 45 psi depending on a variety of conditions.
In other words, take it to a pro.

·
ARMY bound
6,990 Posts
:whs: and they can operate at different pressures than that depending on MANY conditions....air temp, air flow over condensor, charge level, debris in orfice tube, etc. Phoenix summer's made me a much better A/C tech.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts