Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help clarify the order of events in order to get air out of the vents? I have checked the vacuum lines under the hod, black and white hoses look good behind the kick panel, the blue hose connected to the vacuum solenoid under the dash looks good. If I manually push the lever under the dash, the vents blow hard and stay that way until the truck is shut off. Bad vacuum module??

·
Administrator
8,628 Posts
you need to check for vacuum at the hose connections, a visual check of the hoses is not good enough.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m getting no vacuum at the solenoid under the glove box with the blue hose attached to it. When I manually push it in with my finger, it stays open and the vents work.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What sends vacuum to the hose that connects to the solenoid under the dash? The selector switch on the dash?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve been looking at diagrams and yes, I should have vacuum to the blue hose when the Max, Norm, or vent is selected. I do not have vacuum at the hose. Does this point to a bad switch? Max and norm functions properly as well as vent so I know I have vacuum elsewhere.

·
Administrator
8,628 Posts
it could be a bad switch. do you have vacuum going into it, and then out of it? th line from switch to that dashpot may be bad.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I pulled the blue hose off the actuator under the dash and I’m getting 3-4” of vacuum but it obviously isn’t enough to move the lever. Does anyone know how much vacuum I should get at the end of the hose?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have 22” of vacuume at idle to the check valve near the map sensor from the vacuum pump, so that part is good.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I replaced all the lines after that 1 way valve and all is good again. Lines all looked good but must of had a small leak somewhere.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
thanks for keeping this going until you found the solution! bonus points for you :)

·
Registered
762 Posts
thanks for keeping this going until you found the solution! bonus points for you :)
:whs:

Agreed. Always like a thread that has a closing chapter.:nerd:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts