Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi All - I have a 2019 F350 dually with just over 3K miles on it. This week on Tues morning I started her up at 430am, drove 200 yards and heard some squealing. Noise went away but smelled burnt rubber. Drove another 50 ft and realized no power steering or brakes. Managed to turn around and park, noted broken serpentine belt.

Later had vehicle towed to local dealer. They saying the AC compressor seized and then the serpentine belt snapped. Seems odd for this to happen on such a new truck so curious if this is a thing others have experienced. I was lucky close to home, not a hot engine and no other accident etc as a result of power steering and brake loss. Hopefully no other collateral damage to engine or components. Damm, if was towing and this happened could have been ugly. Not super happy. Waiting on parts ETA and repair time.

·
Administrator
8,400 Posts
welcome to PSN.
first time i heard of this on a new rig, but anything is possible.
i am thinking there was no oil, or not enough oil added to the AC when it was assembled.

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
I had a 2017 F550 Break the AC compressor clutch bowl cleaner off and be clutch fell off and broke all kinds of stuff it only had about 18,000 miles when that happened. First time I’ve ever seen that on a 6.7 since 2011. I think it’s a fluke honestly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts