Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2010 ASA PRO-4 Champion
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my tunner from Rudy's and need to know do you have to have the dashdaq hookup all the time or can you tune it and take it out? And do you have to turn it on each time or will it turn on by itself? thanks

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
u dont need it in all the time. u can tune and remove but i would keep it in for gauges. yes u need to turn it on everytime but it will turn itself off when u set the auto turn off.

·
2010 ASA PRO-4 Champion
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
city driving needs the gauges or just good idea to keep eye on? thanks for the help

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
any driving a very good idea to keep them. i watch nine gauges at once so its very helpful

·
2010 ASA PRO-4 Champion
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will do loading it now cant wait its only the 150 dpf on the exhaust wont be here till next week.

·
2010 ASA PRO-4 Champion
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
will do been waiting took awhile to let the wife let me buy it lol.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
the wait will be worth it tho. ur gonna see a huge difference when u put the delete pipe in

·
2010 ASA PRO-4 Champion
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Arron at Rudy's was cool i got the whole exhaust and tunner but with holiday coming couldn't get it till next week so tunner till then.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
thats a good deal. no worries aaron is a great guy to deal with, u will get ur stuff no problems.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
If you do leave the DashDAQ in your truck all the time, take the SD card out unless you decide to load up a different tune. The SD card get get corrupted if its left in your DashDAQ in the heat of the day. I keep mine in my center console, but its probably better to leave it in the house somewhere safe.

·
2010 ASA PRO-4 Champion
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
do i need to do the learn thing fro the trans? Cant wait to do the 250 tune this thing was well worth the wait DAMM its nice.lol

·
Diesel fanatic
591 Posts
If you do leave the DashDAQ in your truck all the time, take the SD card out unless you decide to load up a different tune. The SD card get get corrupted if its left in your DashDAQ in the heat of the day. I keep mine in my center console, but its probably better to leave it in the house somewhere safe.
So the SD card is only used to load/change tunes & store your stock tune? Once the tuning is made the SD card can be removed & the DD can still be used?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Damn, I didn't even think of that.

Great info!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts