Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just have a couple questions quick. Is this going to cause a problem with anything on the truck? Everything is stock, I'm goinng to do a delete but want to make sure I'm not hurting anything. Will just the standard tunes that come with it wreck anything? I'm not going to beat it just want some better mileage and maybe a little fun on the weekend. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
You will be perfectly fine running the preloaded tunes. The 250 tune is pretty intense, but its not going to hurt anything in your truck. You might find the shifting to be crazy firm if you use the 250 tune and compare it to some lower tunes, but its not bad for your tranny. The only tunes you have to worry about potentially hurting anything are the 275 and 310 tunes. But even then, you can be smart and keep your tranny alive for thousands and thousands of miles.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Just have a couple questions quick. Is this going to cause a problem with anything on the truck? Everything is stock, I'm goinng to do a delete but want to make sure I'm not hurting anything. Will just the standard tunes that come with it wreck anything? I'm not going to beat it just want some better mileage and maybe a little fun on the weekend. Thanks for any input.
They are very safe, actually. If you wreck something on the truck, it is from abuse, not from the tuner. You will LOVE the Spartan tuner, it completely transforms the truck.

Spartan Phalanx 6.4L

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks for the help guys. Like I say I'm not going to beat the truck just want better fuel mileage and have some fun around the weekends if I feel frisky. Will I see better mileage with the preset tunes?

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
And how high is the risk of cracked heads with just the pre loaded tunes? I was reading that in another post.
It can happen in stock form, so going to tuning there is always that chance. If your smart with the skinny pedal, you won't have any issues. Most people who have cracked heads have ran the hell out of these trucks at the track and/or sled pulling where EGT's get up really high really quick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts