Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pre-K
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a wrecked e99 with 180xxx and this is what the guy has for sale that I need...

e99 spyder
intercooler
piping, boots, clamps
pedestal
turbo

My question is this... I'm unaware of the differences in turbos from different years. I remember reading a thread here about an 03 turbo pushing more air then some other years. Can someone explain the differences of turbos or if there is any in these year models?

I'm going with a d66 eventually so I don't really plan on using it unless something crazy happens like a twin garrett hah. hmmm. But I thought, for $50, it'd be worth it just to have at least for a core. Hell, maybe I'll sell it for a little more later.

My other main question.... The pedestal. I've been thinking about doing the ebpv del. Are these pedestals the same? Can I do the delete to the pedestal and then just play the ole' switcheroo game? Will an e99 pedestal match my 97? The best part, I think, he said 450 for it all or 400 without the turbo.

If I want only the IC/piping/spyder I can probably get it for 300. I'd like to find out about these questions before I agree with him to purchase it all.

Thanks for your time.

edit - Sorry I didn't mean to post this in Aftermarket Performance. A mod can move it to the appropriate subforum if he/she wishes.

·
Pre-K
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry for poor quality photo. My phone doesn't take great pictures. All this for $350. The turbo will def need rebuild. I think he ran it without an air filter because the fins are looking more like guitar picks. If anyone is interested in a pic, wish I could take more of the entire build I'm doing.

·
Pre-K
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
350 is a decent deal for all of it imo
Thanks. As long as I'll be able to move the turbo and pedestal and recoup some of the cost. I'm not sweating it.

This pedestal will not work on an OBS, correct? I think I've read the turbo won't bolt on and the pedestal is different?

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Gut your current OBS ped use D66 with e99 IC, pipes and Y-pipe. Pedestals are different as the SD turbo and OBS turbos have different mounts iirc.

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
You'll sit on that turbo forever. Good ones are a dime a dozen and don't go for much -100-150 .

Intercooler & spider are worth 350 though alone.

·
Pre-K
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, and they those were my main concerns. Those and the pipes. Easily worth 350. Any idea on the value of the pedestal? Or better yet, what the chances are for finding someone that's on the lookout for an e99 stock pedestal and willing to trade it for a stock OBS pedestal? Hmm. Any ideas? Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts