Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the difference is between the AA and AO code injectors? I know the AO's were for the 94.5 and 95 PSD's and AA were used until 99.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Just wondering what the difference is between the AA and AO code injectors? I know the AO's were for the 94.5 and 95 PSD's and AA were used until 99.
Actually AA's were used through 97, except 97 cali trucks, which have AB's.

Early 99's have AB's

99.5-03 have AD's

AO is something that's on the injector solenoid of AA's, I don't know why it's there, but it doesn't indicate the injector type. No such thing as "AO Injectors" that I'm aware of.

·
<----Colin Banks
3,001 Posts
Come on Greg and get your facts straight. I have a late 96 Cali model with AB's.....:poke: ;)

·
<----Colin Banks
3,001 Posts
LOL... It is a 1996. I will show you the sticker at the race if I get the truck running.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
It was built in 96, or it's a 96 model?

You know, kinda like how you could get a "99" in late 97, early 98 :poke:

·
<----Colin Banks
3,001 Posts
you better hurry up!!

BF aint very far away!!
I am under the gun to get it fixed by this next weekend. it is SoCAPS 5th aniversary and I need to have my truck there. But I could always take the EX if I needed.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well anyway... So the AA and AO injectors are exactly the same other than the label on top??

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Well anyway... So the AA and AO injectors are exactly the same other than the label on top??
From what I've seen, yes. I've never seen an injector that just said "AO" and nothing else.

I have seen injectors that said AA as well as AO, though.

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
Earliest California build date posted on TDS is March-April 1996. Last one was about December of 1997 and had the short SD style engine cover. Mine is in the middle of the pack.

I think Greg is just jealous because MOST of those SDs are just slower than some of the California models.:poke:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Way overdue but you're not alone. Bought a bone stock 1995 with every injector labeled as AO--------
I thought it was weird as well, and still haven't gotten a straight answer...just opinions

Cali truck

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
May have been an early 95 Federal. The California models started in 1996 and were different than the 97 Californias. No glow plug shunt, used a California version of a DPC-202 and had the AB injectors. My buddy has a 96 California registered as a 96.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts