Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i'm not sure if this is true or not a guy at work said that he can't do an egr delete on his 06 because it would throw a code so he said the only way to fix this problem is to get a programer and run that. but can't you use like a snap on scan tool to get rid of the code i have not heard of having to buy a programer

·
WOOOOO!!!!!
1,655 Posts
On his 06 it'll throw a code if you just do an EGR Delete, you'll need a tune wrote for the truck to get rid of the check engine light. An SCT tuner is what is needed for it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lunch on friday

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
But are we talking dash code or just scan it and find code? I think 06 and newer throws a light, but anything older is just a soft code

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
But are we talking dash code or just scan it and find code? I think 06 and newer throws a light, but anything older is just a soft code
Yes that is correct. My friends 05 will only throw a soft code with his egr unplugged.

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
:whs:

My 05 when returned to stock with a delete and the valve plugged in gets no light.. my buddies 06 always has a light unless its tuned. I think it depends on what strategy as well.

·
Administrator
32,962 Posts
Worst case is His buddy gets a free lunch dumps the EGR cycle and buys a SCT and finds out how great his truck really is
not a bad day in my book lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
My 05 has had the egr uplugged for a few weeks now and not set the CEL off.

·
young buck learning.
431 Posts
not so true. i have a 05 with the delete and i have a CEL

·
Administrator
32,962 Posts
If you read the whole thread ,, I think We are all on the same page ??
05 depends on the build date any 06 up is throwing a CEL

·
Registered
62 Posts
I left my EGR valve plugged in and it operates freely in no flow.

·
Registered
427 Posts
My '06 F450 does not set the CEL when running the stock tune, I have the EGR deleted and don't have the EGR valve plugged in.
Maybe that's cause it's a 450?

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
General rule is 03/04 don't throw light, 05+ does

HOWEVER, I've seen the opposite true for both cases, not often, but it can happen. One of my good buddies had an early 04 that threw the CEL with an EGR delete.

I have also seen a few 05+ that didn't throw the light with a delete.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I did my egr delete and i left my egr valve in and pluged in. So when i do take my tune out i dont have to worry about the light and i dont have a loose wire hanging

1 - 20 of 28 Posts