Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Power_struck
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my f350 has a little rack to it and I wanna make it sit level by raising the front up a couple in my question is will that mess up anything for steering/ axles etc?:ford: Thanks

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,342 Posts
just get a leveling kit and throw it on...

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
145 Posts
Year? 2wd or 4wd? That will make the difference on what you need and how to do it properly.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I bought a set of front spring hangers,ext length shackles and new rear lift blocks
All from Ebay total cost for 3.5" cost about $500, new Bilstein 5100 series shocks another $350 I am very happy with my new height!!

·
Power_struck
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the stock height but the front needs to sit level could I just block it up or would that be stupid?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
145 Posts
I like the stock height but the front needs to sit level could I just block it up or would that be stupid?
NO! I speak for the safety of everyone on the road around you, and the law.

Not every state, but most states have laws on the books prohibiting lift blocks on the front suspension.

Virginia said:
Lift Blocks (§46.2-1064):
"No motor vehicle whose front-end suspension has been modified by the use of lift blocks shall be driven on any highway in the Commonwealth."
West Virginia said:
Lift Blocks (§17C-15-48):
"Modification of the front end suspension by the use of lift blocks is expressly prohibited."
Tennessee said:
Bumper Height/Suspenion Modifications (§55-9-215):
"No person shall modify or cause to be modified by the use of lift blocks the front end suspension of a motor vehicle."
These are just a few I found with a quick search. Your front axle sees more leverage during braking and turning situations than the rear, so the front springs are more susceptible to damage by wrap or twist and the likelihood of breaking or spitting the blocks out causing you to lose control is greater, not to mention the effect on your steering geometry.

There are three proper ways of doing it, add a leafs, new leaf springs, or hangers and shackles. Add a leafs are the cheapest, but will make the ride noticeably stiffer, leaf springs are more expensive, but the change in ride can vary wildly from stiffer to softer than your stock springs depending on what code springs you had stock, and which company you go with for new springs, hangers and shackles are also expensive, right around or maybe a bit more than new leaf springs, and take more work to install, but they will keep the ride the closest to factory.

·
Registered
29 Posts
When i put a 2 1/2 inch leveling kit on mine you can get shorter but mines very level and rides good. They put a 4 inch block in the back and added a leaf in the front

1 - 11 of 11 Posts