Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Twitch
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm making a parts list for all the things that need or could be replaced. Truck has almost 200k on it and still runnin strong but figure couldnt hurt to do some update maintence on it. One of them being to replace all 8 injector cups. While I have the valve covers off, what else should I replace while im in there.? I was thinking new injector o-rings, cooper cush gaskets, maybe new glowpugs and stancor relay. Ford changed the cps around 100k. Anything else I could replace for cheap insurance? And is there anything important I need to know about changing injector cups like how not to lock up the engine...or how to drain the oil galleys??

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Do you have an injector cup that is leaking? There are some videos on injector removal in the library if you look around in there. Lots of good information.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I'm pretty sure Swamps will loan or rent the tool to change injector cups if you purchase from them (just what I heard)! Unless you have a tool. PM golfer and see what he says.

·
Headwind Magnet
626 Posts
I can confirm that Swamps will lend you the tools for the injector cup job; I'm currently on the wait-list for them. They have three sets.

Not sure how many miles you have on the sticks, but stock ones are good for about 200,000 so you might want to send them to Swamps for overhaul. They will also tune up your IDM at the same time.

Since you have to drain the coolant for the cups, consider going all-in with a coolant system flush, hose/thermostat/cap replacement. Good time to install a coolant filter too. I know Dieselsite has one as mine arrives Monday.

Great access to the top of the motor so maybe a HP oil crossover line...A number of vendors have this but imho ITP has the best one on paper.

AIH delete? Easy to get to with the intercooler plumbing out of the way. To be honest, not hard to get access any time...

Best,
Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts