Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my vehicle is the one in the signature below and i drive it on the street and i noticed that it smokes pretty much all the time with the injectors i have, i noticed with reading on here that there are people with way bigger injectors and the same turbo as me and they get no smoke to drive on the road. Is that done from having it live tuned and to still get all the fuel i want for truck pulling?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i just had it done bc i just changed my nozzles to 200% over stock and put new o rings on all of them

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
200% nozzles are big for a 38R. I do not know very many that are running 38R with 200% nozzles. You can only tune a nozzle down so low. You have to deal with low atomization of fuel etc. This can be/is usually compensated for with more air flow from a larger turbo. I would think a 38R with 200% is going to be smokey even with good tuning. I could be wrong though. From what I have seen nozzle size is what controls the driving characteristics combined with air flow. Running NOS I am sure helps on the track use up the extra fuel;) but not for DD. The large majority running a single 38R's are using 80%-100% nozzles. Usually on 238-250cc hybrids. Others with far more experience can give better info than I on it but that's based on what I have learned so far.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help anyone else with more experience with this kind of situation?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I think there is a thread on here about 238 with 200% nozzles. Should be in the last 2-5 pages of this forum. There is another thread as well speaking about it by the same person that started that thread also has some more info. I believe David of DI just ran his truck with something like a 38R and 200%

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
yeah basically in a nutshell...thats too much fuel for that turbo..

The 2 options would be a bigger charger or smaller nozzles and seeing as you just switched from smaller nozzles i doubt option 2 is much intrest to you.

Look into an H2e or s400 setup as either of these can be custom tailored to youe needs/wants/likes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts