Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of fixing a work truck. 07 6.0 5r110 4x4 dually.

Short story, took everything apart to do all of the typical fixes, including full egr delete, stc fitting, dummy plug stand pipe, new drain and feed tubes, new oil cooler, blue spring, add coolant filter, and replace 1 injector.... Before I tore into her I flushed, alot, 20-25 times :pointlaugh:

Now this is my first real experience digging deep into the 6.0, a little quirky but not all that terrible.

Question 1: Since I have put her all back together and installed my CAT ELC1, I have been chasing minor coolant leaks, which I am unsure if they are inflicted by me fluching and tearing everything apart, or some of the work I did, nonetheless seems odd. First little drip was lower rad hose (which I understand because I took that hose off and on almost 30 times) replaced existing hose clamp with 2 new ones and seems ok.
Next coolant drip, from hose at bottom of degas, same story, had it off and on a few times during the fixing process, replaced cheesey Ford clamp with double hose clamps, cleared up.
Current drip, straight out of the degas which now appears to be hairline cracked, and has like a pinhole in it where coolant is pissing out (appears to be at the seam)

So I plan on replacing the bottle today. My point is, did I do something wrong when working on it to be causing these musical coolant leaks?

Thanks

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
If those screw type hose clamps are over tightened, stretch or slip they need to be replaced, so if that lower radiator hose clamp was that type you probably over tightened it and "stretched" it making it junk. Now your degas bottle, IDK?? but if it has a leak replace it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, I replaced the hose clamps and that seemed to take care of it.

Just bought a new degas and cap from Ford this morning, I am going to replace it and see what happens.

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
You'll be good. Everything you mentioned is common.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts