Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a question about a turbo for a 12v. I have a GT4294BS which has a 68mm intake wheel, 74mm exhaust wheel, T6 1.44 exhaust housing and a .66 A/R intake. If I swapped the exhaust housing for a 1.01 t4 flange would I be able to mount it onto a p-pumped 12v with a t4 exhaust manifold? Would it work and spool ok or would it be to big? I am wanting to turnup the pump and put a set of 370 marine injectors in the truck. Looking for anywhere between 4-500HP. Any advice would be awesome and much appreciated. I have been having trouble getting answers from another site.

·
Registered
485 Posts
What are your plans with the truck? Sled pulling, racing, just tow rig? The turbo will light but will probably be pretty laggy. Once it lights though it should run pretty good with that turbo. But if all around useable 500hp is all your looking for I would run a 64mm turbo. They spool good and make great power.

·
Registered
675 Posts
So I had a question about a turbo for a 12v. I have a GT4294BS which has a 68mm intake wheel, 74mm exhaust wheel, T6 1.44 exhaust housing and a .66 A/R intake. If I swapped the exhaust housing for a 1.01 t4 flange would I be able to mount it onto a p-pumped 12v with a t4 exhaust manifold? Would it work and spool ok or would it be to big? I am wanting to turnup the pump and put a set of 370 marine injectors in the truck. Looking for anywhere between 4-500HP. Any advice would be awesome and much appreciated. I have been having trouble getting answers from another site.
are you sure it's not a gt4094, i didn't see any gt42's with that small of an inducer on the compressor side a gt4294 has a 70mm inducer a gt4094 has a 68mm wheel.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
It's gonna be pretty laggy even with a 1.01 T4 housing. If you have some RPM that will help. From what I've seen alot of the Cummins guys running S465's will get a T3 houisng machined to fit their S400 because they can get one in 0.8 vs. the smallest T4 which is 0.9.

Dave

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am going to use the truck just as a DD and eventually use it as a pull truck. I figured the truck would be a pretty good one to get into pullin with. The turbo is a GTA4294BS. I know for a fact its a 68mm and a 74mm. I think the 1.44 housing would be way to big to try as is though House. If I got a 3K spring kit for the truck those RPMs would help it but with some 370 Marine injectors and trying to get about 500 out of it I figured it would be pretty good.

House dont you run a single S465?

How do I figure out if I have a t4 or t6 housing on it right now? I know its split in half like a T4 is. Isn't a t6 usually one outlet not a split one?

What

·
Crazy Talk
3,537 Posts
better get 4k springs for that turbo. 370's and being a dd would be better suited w/ a s300 based turbo.

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what injectors would be the best for getting that thing to spool other then the 370s? Keep in mind its going to be a puller eventually so throw out there what it would take to get this thing to work. How laggy are we talking here though? Like a H2e on a truck with just a chip or worse?

·
Fat Kids Rule!
2,455 Posts
cant run a 370s its 24v with p pump, need 24v injs poped off for a 12v
I run a s468 but has a 83mm wheel shoved in it and cut race cover

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice. That thing is pretty damn big

1 - 11 of 11 Posts