Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my trucks been actin up and losin power at 2500 rpm so i replaced the fuel filters frp sensor and went ahead and did all routine maintenance, and its still doing it so i called the dealer and set it up to get the hpfp replaced, but i was talkin to a friend of mine and he said that on his cummins it did the same thing and it was his fuel rail pressure release valve, so my first question is does a 2008 f350 with a 6.4 have a fuel rail pressure release valve and if so where could i get a block off bolt or new valve. my second question is what psi should my fuel rail pressure be most of the time. my scanner will only read what info the truck stores and it says that the frp was 24,000 at 1/4 throttle when it threw the code? any help is greatly appreciated. i just dont want to spend 3000 on a part if i dont have to.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
24000 seems pretty good on rail pressure to me but best thing would be to monitor frp while driving if possible. Also it can be replaced cab on but it is a little tricky. I've seen guys unbolt the cab and pick it up just a few inches to help make it alot easier

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
FRP should be around 26k ish at WOT, no lower than around 24,000-24,500.

·
Registered
649 Posts
FRP should be around 26k ish at WOT, no lower than around 24,000-24,500.
Whats the norm FRP for say cruising speed 60mph? I believe I am at 13-14k

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Mine on cruise at 62-65mph is between 7.5-7.9k. Thats kem 345 tune though. Boost is at 4-6psi

·
Registered
649 Posts
Let me adjust my previous statement, I hit 13-14k on normal acceleration to 60...I run about 7-9 cruising

1 - 8 of 8 Posts