Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put an SBC clutch in my 97 F350 and it seems that if i put my foot straight to the floor it kinda shudders a little bit but if i ease into it it will take off better. does that sound like a clutch issue? i have a banks 6 position chip in it and even on the low tune it smokes good even i if i dont put my foot that much into the pedal. the tech at ford noticed one day that is has a little lopey idle and said i have weak injector. Could the shuddering and smokeyness be caused by the weak injector? could my turbo be goin out the door? it doesnt seem that it moves that quick. could it be a fuel pressure issue?

sorry if thats a lot of questions for one time. im still learning about them myself.
thanks for any input

:ford:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
could the shuddering be from snuffing out the turbo? even though im in the range of the turbo

·
Registered
453 Posts
Do you still have the dual mass flywheel?

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
i just put an SBC clutch in my 97 F350 and it seems that if i put my foot straight to the floor it kinda shudders a little bit but if i ease into it it will take off better. does that sound like a clutch issue? i have a banks 6 position chip in it and even on the low tune it smokes good even i if i dont put my foot that much into the pedal. the tech at ford noticed one day that is has a little lopey idle and said i have weak injector. Could the shuddering and smokeyness be caused by the weak injector? could my turbo be goin out the door? it doesnt seem that it moves that quick. could it be a fuel pressure issue?

sorry if thats a lot of questions for one time. im still learning about them myself.
thanks for any input

:ford:
For the in-bold part, are you talking about the clutch pedal or throttle pedal?

For the rest of your questions dealing with the unsteady idle, I would start by getting ahold of a good scantool and doing a cylinder contribution test and an injector buzz test.

Dave

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got rid of the dual mass. i have a single mass flywheel and a clutch from south bend. it shudders when i put the throttle pedal to the floor

·
Registered
350 Posts
i got rid of the dual mass. i have a single mass flywheel and a clutch from south bend. it shudders when i put the throttle pedal to the floor
If it is a kinda shaky rattling sound then I would say welcome to the world of solid mass flywheels. The word is that they don't dampen near as much sound as the DMF and it subsequently makes it sound like dookie until you give it some gogo juice. As for the rest, don't know. I'd check for codes bud.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts