Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone there are a couple of questions i have.
1) the small coolant hose that goes to the top of the radiator and to the degas bottle....i broke the nipple off of the radiator tonight while i was hooking up my fuel pressure gauge. right now i have a screw in my radiator plugging that hole and a bolt in the hose...is there any way to repair that nipple or do i have to replace the radiator (i hope i dont cause i deffinitely dont have the money)
2) what is the fuel pressure supposed to be..at idle mine is about 45psi and sometimes when im at wot it goes down to 38-39psi and fluctuates between there and 42psi. is that normal?
3) what is normal egt at wot, im running 1000-1100....i thought that was a little high but then again im used to my old 7.3 that only hit 8-900...this temp is pre-turbo off the manifold.
thanks!

·
Registered
328 Posts
You might be able to use 2 part epoxy to repair it.. but it would have to handle the system pressure (16psi) so you will only get one shot at it most likely...
I believe the pressure should be around 50psi... do a search on the blue spring mod... pressures seem low.. it will be lower at WOT .. the blue spring mode brings pressures up to address this.
for your EGTs the best way to answer that is you generally dont want them climbing above 1250-1300 if i recall for extended periods.. now if the engine is chipped and your running a hot tune, the temps would spike higher faster... and i know there are many folks who have had it spike very high.

·
Banned
26 Posts
You want your pressure around 50 psi
Also, EGT's can be 1200 all day long, 1300 for no more then 5 minutes, 1500 for less then 30 seconds, and 1800 for less then 5 seconds. Generally.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can tap the radiator tank with either 1/8" or 1/4" npt pipe threads. I'm not sure which right now but I think it was 1/8" then screw a 1/8"npt to 3/8" barb adapter into the tank with some sealer on it and clamp the hose back on the barb. I've seen that done before.

Auto guide sucks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok great news thanks! i was afraid i had screwed myself by breaking that...my luck sucks lol but ill do that and hopefully fix it....i have to find info on the blue spring mod and hopefully that will cure my low fuel psi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.